PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Change it live in cheat engine while running FFX and it'll be clear;P, in hex it sure is word, but it stores a float value, to make it clearly visible float as decimal value which is exact FFX ratio 0.8000000119 is 3F4CCCCD in hex, increase that float to make it wider etc. and that's the whole value needed for FFX widescreen hack, the second value in the hack changes height, through it's set as less than 512/416(which would be ~ 1.2 and is 0.9333333373 / 0x3F6EEEEF), the first value is slightly less than should be by dividing 416/512 too, soo I'm not sure if that's really it's native res and it shows less than it draws or it's something related to how gsdx notes native res.

And about that DBZ:BT3 which I gave it a try, it's possible to change everything, including aura sizes, but other than complete control over camera which was first I found(around 0x202ED308 - including some values keept as 0's by default), I have no time or will to check, couse even texture ratio and sizes over every 3D object is changeable and it turns bothersome or maybe even impossible to just find a ratio of whole display in this game like in FFX. It's funny through that sizes of game objects can be patched just easily like that. Also some of the adress that seem to scale whole 2D graphics seem to be strangely close to what it was for FFXTongue - around 0x2031XXXX, but that's probably just funny coincidence, couse there are ratios/sizes of other stuff(like FX effects) even at 0x21Axxxxx, soo yeah, it's nothing soo easy to find for every game, not for my free time limit now at least.

Sponsored links

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated. Annoyed that i'm not home at the moment to try Tongue I'll be sure to do so when I get home, after the weekend, and i'll report back, I'll get it eventually. I'm stubborn.
Post updated to keep track of games I patched (so I can find them easy)

All patches are for NTSC-U unless otherwise stated.
Finatl Fantasy 10 and 10-2
Digital Devil Saga and SMT-Nocturne
Dirge of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII
Fatal Frame 2 - Crimson Butterfly
Fatal Frame 3 - The Tormented
Drakengard
Magna Carta - Tears of Blood
dot Hack - Part 1 & dot Hack - Part 2
ICO
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 3 (PAL-M5)
Clock Tower 3
Silent Hill 2
From what I've read here it sounds like whoever patched FFX loved the game a whole lot. Is it still the only one with a widescreen patch?

And those SH2 screens cracked me up for some reason.. Keep at it though Smile
I can't try myself, as I'm not home until sunday, but i'm set on getting this cracked. Keep your progress posted guys, I'll do the same Smile

Edit: Does anyone know, or can confirm that the GSdx native resolution reading, on the top of games is accurate, or not? Rama, if you see this, lemme know lol
IIRC it's not that accurate Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-17-2012, 03:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: IIRC it's not that accurate Tongue

Damn lol, thanks Bositman.

Hmm, wonder if I can find some site where accurate ps2 game's res is recorded.
well I had some success in one game (Shadow hearts 2 - ntsc), However I still ran into some problems and for some reason I was unable to make a pnach for pcsx2 so im not quite sure what memory its using since the address changes every-time pcsx2 is restarted (first was 3009185C then 30091878).....well anyways I still think it's a minor success meaning it can be done in other games besides ffx & ffx-2 Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'll be home later tonight, so I can get back to trying aswell myself.
Maybe you found a temp pointer to the correct address? is why it was changing?
intersting idea Asmodean.I really wish i could help you.
I also have an idea/question for you guys that i would be glad if you could answer it.
Let's say that the game also contains resolution values apart from the screen ratio value.
If such values exist,and we change them to sth like 1280X720,could we then after burning the iso play a ps2 in a real ps2 in a somewhat 720p resolution? or at least achieve better image quality with pcsx2?