PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Yeah it looks pretty unique, and you're not gonna believe this but it also works for Rumble Roses... Who knows what else lol

Update: Well I tried 3 other problem games - ZOE1, ZOE2, and Wild Arms 5 - but no luck, even with some other values from nemesis

Sponsored links

Indeed nice find, works with HG ntsc-u too, here are some screens with the fog fixed.

(I removed the fog using dynacrc, was faster then recompiling gsdx and changing the crc lines Tongue2.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Removed my Silent Hill4 (E) patch, it wasn't doing anything Tongue Also added Samurai Warriors 2 XL patch, both in my older post. I've already updated hyakki's list with these changes Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-21-2012, 09:29 PM)miseru99 Wrote: ...
-WAITING(blue) - the patcher doesn't do anything, it's deactivated and waiting user input,

Thanks for this Smile

However, when I run it, it's stuck at the blue "waiting"... What kind of user input does it expect? clicking? pressing something? (tried both, nothing changed).

And in general, could you please provide clear instructions on how to use this? E.g. is a specific version of pcsx2 required? when should the user run this app? should the pnach file be already at the patches folder (the patch does work for me, but without your app it's not really playable..)? etc.

Thanks.
(06-23-2012, 01:24 PM)hyakki Wrote: Indeed nice find, works with HG ntsc-u too, here are some screens with the fog fixed.

(I removed the fog using dynacrc, was faster then recompiling gsdx and changing the crc lines Tongue2.)

Hyakki, could u explain a bit more about this "dynacrc"? I assume this requires a bit of technical ability/knowledge to make it work?
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
It was implemented here http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4914
Instructions http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/br...914&r=4914

But it went totally over my head. Hopefully we can all enjoy the game in hw mode with widescreen soon Wink

EDIT: Add another game to the list... Galerians Ash also seems to benefit from HG's magical value lol Sadly this is the last game on my list of CE-unpatchable games that works with that value
Im starting to understand the proccess of this elf hex-patching, take a look in the following experiment in armored core (the mecha fans, like myself gonna love this)

This is the vanilla game

Following a post in the psx-scene forum, I start to messing around with some addresses within the elf of the game and this is the result

A perfect 16:9 aspect ratio for a problematic game, but i found two bugs, the sensors not are in the corners how should be, may be more tweaking is needed (but is good for a start), and the this hack seens that doesnt like the gsdx upscaling multipliers, the left side has a weird image.

But if I set the res manually within config of gsdx in a 16:9 (1280x720, 1980x1080 and so on) combo, the image is fine and look beatifull for a 2000 game

And now look at the native res in the uper bar, and tell me what you think. And sorry for the bad english.

PD: this is a preliminary testing, when finish I post the addresses to patch.

PD1: I find taht the HG hack also work with the the first four games of the saga (AA2 to AASL) sadly not with the last four (AA nexus to AALR), maybe is the change in the native resolution between the two groups, I hope that can be adapted the patch to this change. Also work with Wild Arms AF.
Intel 3570k @ 4.3 GHz -0.005 offset 1.224 V
Noctua NH-U9B push/pull
Asus Maximus V Gene - Bios 1707 LLC Ultra High
4x2GB Samsung 30nm @ 1600 11-11-11-28-1T
Asus GTX550 Ti - for now
MyDigitalSSD BP3 64GB msata - for now
Corsair AX650
Synce,

just want to make sure something... does dynacrc modify gsdx? Just wondering if this is going to affect other games, cause frankly it kinda sounds weird to mess with gsdx just for the sake of Haunting Ground.

Thanks.

*EDIT* : NVM, Synce. After I re-read the documentation, turned out the pgm will create an external dll. If it does not exist then the emu will read the default gsdx. Now I just have to figure out how to use tcc...
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
(06-24-2012, 12:19 PM)strider3871 Wrote: just want to make sure something... does dynacrc modify gsdx? Just wondering if this is going to affect other games, cause frankly it kinda sounds weird to mess with gsdx just for the sake of Haunting Ground.

It doesn't modify gsdx. It (currently) requires a slightly modified gsdx, which can load these external hacks while a game is running such that the changes to the hack are instantly visible.

GSdx already contains specific fixes for several games (usually called CRC hacks because they're triggered when GSdx identifies these games by their specific CRCs).

But developing CRC hacks code is very tedious, because after every code change which needs to be tested, GSdx needs to get recompiled, loaded into pcsx2, etc, which makes it a very slow process.

So the dynamic CRC hacks system allow crc hacks developers to develop and test new CRC hacks code WHILE pcsx2 is running (and without recompiling GSdx), which can greatly speed up the process. It really makes it a matter of: change code, save changes, instantly watch the game window if the change had the desired effect.

So, using dynamic CRC hacks doesn't change GSdx itself, but it makes it load an external code (the dynamic crc hack) and apply it at runtime without the need to change GSdx itself.
(06-23-2012, 02:24 PM)avih Wrote: Thanks for this Smile

However, when I run it, it's stuck at the blue "waiting"... What kind of user input does it expect? clicking? pressing something? (tried both, nothing changed).

And in general, could you please provide clear instructions on how to use this? E.g. is a specific version of pcsx2 required? when should the user run this app? should the pnach file be already at the patches folder (the patch does work for me, but without your app it's not really playable..)? etc.

Thanks.

So, miseru99 answered. I'm summing it up:

1. It only works with "pcsx2.exe", so it will NOT work with "pcsx2-r[number].exe" etc. (I had "pcsx-dev.exe" so that's why it didn't work for me). It should work with ANY version of pcsx2.

2. The patcher can be started before or after starting pcsx2.exe.

3. Once the game is running, click the button "16:9" or "16:10" (and change pcsx2 aspect ratio by clicking the game window and cycle aspect ratios with F6).

4. There's NO need for a pnach file at the cheats folder. The patcher contains the patch already and directly patches the memory used by pcsx2.

5. It works really nice. Cheers! Smile