PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
No problem, I think I'm getting the hang of Cheat Engine a bit. Smile

If someone could please, please, please try to patch Tekken Tag Tournament NTSC-U, that'd be much appreciated.
I'm trying to free up the requests.

I'm going to see if I can patch Gregory Horror Show PAL, as well as The Suffering series NTSC-U.

Sponsored links

(02-25-2013, 03:25 PM)Eloris Wrote: The Romancing SaGa patch (239CF68A.pnach) is only a partial patch. It does not work during battles, as the address is used for something else while in battle (I have no idea what). I had tried patching it a while ago and got stuck on the same part.

I feel like a comment should be added to the patch that notifies users of that, something along the lines of "Does not correct aspect ratio during battles" or whatever else you fancy.
Turns out Gregory Horror Show doesn't load on PCSX2, so that's hopeless.

I tried Michigan: Report From Hell instead.

The good news: I found the horizontal FOV! (2033C754)
The bad news: Adjusting it causes empty space to cover everything outside the 4:3 area.

I tried to find a fix, but no luck, although the game can render outside that area, proven by tweaking a few values, but it always causes artifacts everywhere.

[attachment=42874]

Considering how the game is played through a camera, I guess you can just imagine 4:3 adds to the experience. :/
Maybe someone more experienced can find a way to get rid of the space.
Rumble Roses (Japan Version) NTSC-J.
Well I have no credit here, I took the file PNACH of (Rumble Roses by ElHecht PAL) and modify the crc with the Japanese version. I played a lot and in fact with every character I finished I went to interview the option to see how it worked the camera and everything worked great. Only in the character selection menu I think the selection panel width was always struggling. I could not reduce it. I hope someone can fix ElHecht or otherwise is fully playable.

[Image: 540931_10200797998896023_1526721031_n.jpg][Image: 581728_10200797998536014_406753014_n.jpg]

With PNACH WS
[Image: 599029_10200797998776020_322018348_n.jpg][Image: 549895_10200797998616016_1178713203_n.jpg]

.rar   Rumble Roses _C1C91715.rar (Size: 299 bytes / Downloads: 385)
Just letting you guys know, Sly Cooper 2 & 3 NTSC-U both have 16:9 and are set via the BIOS. Maybe they can be added to the list of games with widescreen? Also, The Bouncer is misspelled in the NTSC-U folder. Love the patches and thanks everyone for making them.
(03-01-2013, 04:20 AM)jmars Wrote: Just letting you guys know, Sly Cooper 2 & 3 NTSC-U both have 16:9 and are set via the BIOS. Maybe they can be added to the list of games with widescreen? Also, The Bouncer is misspelled in the NTSC-U folder. Love the patches and thanks everyone for making them.

List of PlayStation 2 games with HD support
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pla...HD_support
(03-01-2013, 04:20 AM)jmars Wrote: Just letting you guys know, Sly Cooper 2 & 3 NTSC-U both have 16:9 and are set via the BIOS. Maybe they can be added to the list of games with widescreen? Also, The Bouncer is misspelled in the NTSC-U folder. Love the patches and thanks everyone for making them.

The BIOS aspect option is only for the dashboard options menu, and/or maybe DVDs.

Support for actual 16:9 is game-dependant, just like the IRR, eg: 480p etc.(even though those games are still not actually rendered at 480p either Tongue)
I'm going to check out the Sly Cooper series. Maybe we have Sly 2 and 3 PAL for nothing then.
Remember, there's always a chance the in-game widescreen is skewed though.

Sorry about "The Bouncher" - I was probably really tired, lol.

Welcome back Asmodean! Smile
Hope you had a nice break.
The wikipedia link is missing a decent amount of games with widescreen and the hdgamer site doesn't look like it's had an update in awhile.

Maybe bios wasn't the right word then, or maybe that I'm using an actual ps2 for these patches makes a difference? Idk

It's cool, typos happen, just thought I'd give you a heads up.
(03-01-2013, 10:06 AM)jmars Wrote: The wikipedia link is missing a decent amount of games with widescreen

If you know any, please submit them there. That's the idea of wikipedia, everyone contributes - everyone benefits.

But please make sure the information you're submitting is true. IIRC the Sly games on PS2 don't have a widescreen mode, not even one that's only activated in the OSDSYS.