PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Didn't realize it had an alternate CRC. Updated archive.

Also updated .Elf archive with better organization.
If Argon would like to add the patches I missed now to it and make a version 4 of the archive, that would be great cause right now, I'm a bit busy.

[attachment=42921]

This is also important: Guys, please, please, please start getting into the habit of labeling your .pnachs! Don't be lazy! Wacko

While messing around with KH2 Final Mix in Cheat Engine, I noticed there was a font fix for the game, but it wasn't labeled in the .pnach so I had no idea it even existed.
I also noticed that other KH2 versions did not have this font fix (I just ported it to the NTSC-U version, but someone could also port it to the PAL versions).

If you don't label your .pnachs, it's only going to cause confusion for everyone in the future, especially for other developers because all they see are numbers and no explanations of what they do.
Also, get into the habit of posting the original value next to the modified value. If you don't, it makes porting codes for other regions harder and more time consuming.

Sponsored links

(03-03-2013, 07:57 PM)devina40 Wrote: Didn't realize it had an alternate CRC. Updated archive.

Also updated .Elf archive with better organization.
If Argon would like to add the patches I missed now to it and make a version 4 of the archive, that would be great cause right now, I'm a bit busy.

This is also important: Guys, please, please, please start getting into the habit of labeling your .pnachs! Don't be lazy! Wacko

While messing around with KH2 Final Mix in Cheat Engine, I noticed there was a font fix for the game, but it wasn't labeled in the .pnach so I had no idea it even existed.
I also noticed that other KH2 versions did not have this font fix (I just ported it to the NTSC-U version, but someone could also port it to the PAL versions).

If you don't label your .pnachs, it's only going to cause confusion for everyone in the future, especially for other developers because all they see are numbers and no explanations of what they do.
Also, get into the habit of posting the original value next to the modified value. If you don't, it makes porting codes for other regions harder and more time consuming.

Hey Devina40 you have a tutorial on how to patch games Widescreen? but other than PCSX2 Widescreen Helper, either with cheat engine?. Because in my case I had to change the CRC of my game, and it did not come in the package of cheat: ws folder. The game I was fine. Thanks to PNACH of nemesis2000. but I would make the patch for PAL games that I have and not be modifying the CRC. I hope to answer me and thanks for the warning
No, that was synce who made the Cheat Engine tutorial. It's all there in version 37 of the archive (in the readme).
These are the useful posts:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-Cre...n-10-steps
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid246844

And yeah, sadly, modifying the CRC doesn't always work.
Game looks fantastic though!
Devil May Cry 3
(NTSC-J Japan,Korean and English) (SLPM_65880)

Fake Widescreen[Image: 625668_10200834485968177_545542985_n.jpg]

PNACH Widescreen[Image: 72345_10200834485848174_1777935625_n.jpg]

.rar   Devil May Cry 3_7F3DDEAB.rar (Size: 292 bytes / Downloads: 320)
Posted these in the PS2 widescreen thread over at psx-scene, forgot to also post here.

Silent Hill 2 (SLUS_202.28) and
Silent Hill 4 (SLUS_208.73)

Widescreen hacks w/FMV fixes

I did not make the widescreen hacks but I did make the FMV fixes

Note that Silent Hill 4's intro video is actually off-center, the hack is correct as are the other in-game FMVs

Attached Files
.zip   Silent_Hill_2_SLUS_202.28.zip (Size: 350 bytes / Downloads: 1.243)
.zip   Silent_Hill_4_SLUS_208.73.zip (Size: 312 bytes / Downloads: 872)
I'm running the FFX-International widescreen patch in that huge widescreen archive posted here, and it works great except that there is weird issue with objects/textures not actually drawing until after they come on-screen, producing a weird effect. I've uploaded a short video here demonstrating it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_blKu2tHzuI
(look mostly in the top-right)

Now, it doesn't do this without the widescreen hack. Is there any way to fix this in the video plugin settings, or should I just try and get used to it?
That's the result of displaying a wider area outside of what is rendered by the game. There are patches for this for the regular FFX versions (and they're included with their respective widescreen patches of course), but none for the International as of now. You can't fix that with emulation settings.
(03-06-2013, 07:28 AM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: Posted these in the PS2 widescreen thread over at psx-scene, forgot to also post here.

Silent Hill 2 (SLUS_202.28) and
Silent Hill 4 (SLUS_208.73)

Widescreen hacks w/FMV fixes

I did not make the widescreen hacks but I did make the FMV fixes

Note that Silent Hill 4's intro video is actually off-center, the hack is correct as are the other in-game FMVs

Thanks for the updates, and keep up the good work.

Keep in mind though, that there's various versions of Silent Hill 2, including Greatest Hits and Director's Cut.
If you provided the original values for the FMV hack, I could probably port it over to the Greatest Hits version (which has a CRC of FE06A030).

If you know how to make FMV fixes, think it could be possible for other games?
I know Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and Clock Tower 3 could really benefit from FMV fixes, since all the cutscenes are in FMVs, and they're a bit fugly uncropped.

[attachment=42941]
[attachment=42942]

FFX International still needs a render fix, as it's in the WIP patches section, like Eloris said.

It's been a year since widescreen patches were discovered, and we're over 500 now, which is amazing!
Although I've noticed development has taken quite a standstill, possibly due to people being satisfied with the current archive. Ohmy
Just don't be afraid to ask about how development is going, or about the progress of a certain game.

We could really use some more widescreen developers and Cheat Engine experts.
It's worth putting up with it then, 4:3 just looks awful after after playing every game in widescreen over the past few years.
(03-06-2013, 11:10 AM)devina40 Wrote: I know Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and Clock Tower 3 could really benefit from FMV fixes, since all the cutscenes are in FMVs, and they're a bit fugly uncropped.

Most but not all KH:RCOM cutscenes have those black bars, so it would have a side effect, I thought of that too. Dunno if we are able to patch them according to an id or something.