PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-01-2013, 01:08 PM)paul_met Wrote: Dual Hearts [SLUS-20475] (widescreen 16:9 and map aspect fix).
Unfortunately I did not find the values ​​for the aspect correction of other HUD's. Maybe someone will succeed.

We already have a widescreen patch in the archive for that, and it also fixes the arrow size width...

(09-01-2013, 05:34 PM)bmate Wrote: Nice going! I wish it were easy to adjust 2D stuff so they won't get stretched as well. That alone would be great, now couple it with some model swapping, hell maybe someone can even swap textures in select games if they are dedicated enough+have the knowledge and we could have widescreen emulation on a completely new level.

I couldn't be happier, we now have like, 770 patches in the span of less than 2 years.
We thought it was impossible.

Also, we may see a font fix for Kingdom Hearts 1 coming soon. Happy

Sponsored links

Can I ask for a widescreen patch for Gundam the True Odyssey NTSC-U?
"Robot Alchemic Drive" NTSC-U has been reported to be a bad ws-pnach.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Widescree...uses-Crash
I can confirm the patch does work, however, it must be done through a program such as Cheat Engine.
PCSX2 does indeed crash. I'll make a note of it.
So I got around to converting an ELF hack of mine to pnach (as requested in a comment Wink); a font-fix for Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix. Simply put, it makes the text not stretch when a widescreen cheat is on.

Before:     After:    

This patch isn't perfect.
1) It only affects 1 of the 2 fonts in-game. This will only affect menus and such, subtitles are unaffected.
2) A number has to be patched in multiple places; I might of missed one somewhere.
3) It can mess up center aligned text:     .
Nothing that makes it unusable, anyway.

As for the code itself, there's 2 parts. The first is the "Font fixes" section, which changes the size of the text. Then is the "Space fixes" section, which should make space characters smaller.

Umm.. If anyone finds a menu that's still stretched, post\PM a screenshot (or how to get to it) and I'll see what I can do.

Attached Files
.pnach   3E68955A.KH1FMFontfix.pnach (Size: 519 bytes / Downloads: 395)
Request:
-> The PAL version of Wild Arms V (SLES-54972), the version with 3 languages (Eng-Fre-Ita): widescreen and eventually 480p since GSM + in-built 60Hz mode works well.
I'm surprised this version doesn't have one yet, since it is localized (at least!) in some european languages! (WA3 and 4 were english-only, WA2 never released in Europe...)

In exchange, here the widescreen pnach of FFX-2 (PAL-Fr) ported from the one for PAL-Ger. Wink *Tested on a real PS2*

To answer devina40: I prefer play on a real PS2 because PCs piss me off, I'experiencing gradual performance loss for several days on PCSX2 I dunno why (this is PC magic... lol? and this never happens on consoles) + my PS2 is well equipped with official PS3 component cable, OPL (to test games never released here) and GSM, two high quality wireless gamepads, an official DVD remote, a good LCD TV and more and more retail PS2 games... I have good to awesome results with 480p/576p/1080i on most games and in addition, able to get proper (and enhanced*) display with PS1 games and video DVDs on the LCD screen!

*Final Fantasy 9 in european language with the advantages of the NTSC version (faster gameplay, sharper and more stable display, no black stripes + the enhancements bringed by GSM and the cable) without any issue!

Attached Files
.pnach   9AAC530C.pnach (Size: 327 bytes / Downloads: 677)
PS2 V9 Aquablue
- SCART RGB cable (with CSYNC) from retrogamingcables.co.uk
- Monster Cable Component (with audio)
- 2x wireless gamepads (Logitech)
- ARMAX with USB Key used for homebrew and saves transfert
- FreeMCBoot -> GSM, OPL, PS2rdMod (WS patching for retail games)
is there a particular reason why Atelier Iris Mana has no patch? Because I see that 2 and 3 have one but Iris Mana doesn't. Ninja
(09-02-2013, 10:52 PM)devina40 Wrote: I can confirm the patch does work, however, it must be done through a program such as Cheat Engine.
PCSX2 does indeed crash. I'll make a note of it.

Here is a fix for the patch so that pcsx2 won't crash. I also added widescreen support for character select menu.

Robot Alchemic Drive (NTSC-U) (SLUS-20445)
.pnach   25C68D58.pnach (Size: 496 bytes / Downloads: 544)
(09-03-2013, 12:43 AM)WEL Wrote: is there a particular reason why Atelier Iris Mana has no patch?
yes, to many black spaces in the expanded areas
I've requested a Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions NTSC-U patch for a while now. Is there a problem getting it done or is it simply a case of lots of requests and little time to complete them?