PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I put it on WIP patches for now. The current list:
  • 0E7F91DA: Smuggler's Run (NTSC-U) - Needs render fix.
  • 5D795715: Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles (PAL) - Needs render fix.
  • 4C33FA2A: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (NTSC-U) - Needs a render fix.
  • 1771BFE4: Legacy of Kain 2: Soul Reaver (NTSC-U) - Too narrow cutscenes.
  • C77AF2CA: Sly Cooper 1 (NTSC-U) - Unstable.
  • DA3DD765: Sly Raccoon 1 (PAL) - Unstable.

Sponsored links

Yes, the game still needs a render fix. I tried and I could not find it. It's just that the current patch is the same value that I found a couple years back.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see the other replies.
(07-11-2014, 10:34 AM)EmucraZ Wrote: I am aware that this is a mega throw back reply but by any chance do you know the adresses? I would very much like to know. Happy
Not anymore but It's a waste of time, trust me. There are math stuff going on on the ELF that restrict those addresses from working correctly.
I have recently been getting help in regards to the sly 1 issue on the outside. A fix may soon be available.
(07-12-2014, 04:39 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: I have recently been getting help in regards to the sly 1 issue on the outside. A fix may soon be available.

That's good.

[attachment=51550]

A big thank you to Nemesis for fixing the lens flare. Smile
Ported successfully to NTSC-U Greatest Hits.
Thgis is awesome news about ps1 games running in 16:9.
Do these Colin mcRae games with the hex edit run in widescreen on a real ps1?
I could do these hex edits, burn to cd and play on a real ps1?

Also ..... I know I'm really pushing my luck here.
16:9 Request for 'Side By Side Special' or 'Side By Side Special 2000'
16:9 Request for Ridge Racer Type 4
(07-14-2014, 11:55 PM)d123456 Wrote: Thgis is awesome news about ps1 games running in 16:9.
Do these Colin mcRae games with the hex edit run in widescreen on a real ps1?
I could do these hex edits, burn to cd and play on a real ps1?

Also ..... I know I'm really pushing my luck here.
16:9 Request for 'Side By Side Special' or 'Side By Side Special 2000'
16:9 Request for Ridge Racer Type 4

I made a topic of it's own for PSOne stuff so we won't clutter this thread with offtopic stuff.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PSOne-Widescreen-Patches
As noted here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...#pid387243

KH1 and KH2 have blurry cutscene layers, probably due to bad upscaling of the depth-of-field.
It causes extreme ghosting at 1080p.

Nemesis, I wonder if it's possible to disable these cutscenes layers like you did with Fatal Frame 1-3.
If you can find the address for any version of the games, I can port it to the rest myself.

(Evident in one of the final scenes)

(Evident during Struggle battle)

(Nasty shoulders)

Also, I'm wondering if somebody can spot the address on games like Final Fantasy XII that handles the distance render quality thing, that close things appear with their HQ models and distant with LQ ones. I was messing around with the game like a couple of months ago and it seemed to kinda work, so I bet it's possible, but since I have limited knowledge to find what is pointer to what I can't find the root address(es).
Bleh this is complicated