PCSX2 Wiki collaboration thread
(12-08-2014, 10:01 AM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: Also, on Further reading, the link to [[Category:Guides]] epically failed.

Use [[:Category:Guides]] to make a link.

I'll read the whole guide tomorrow. I promise. Maybe also correct some grammar on the way.
Please check out http://wiki.pcsx2.net
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!

Sponsored links

(12-08-2014, 09:36 PM)ng__ Wrote: * Agreed. Why not just aligning them to the left side (like I did)?
* I don't know either, it was just a thought anyway, they are fine as they are now. You can still try very light red hue as a background, or let me experiment a bit.
* It's old, it's lacking and above all it's written by me so long ago... We can archive it and make a link to it for the most curious fellas.

* I guess the images at the left side look better now. I wouldn't change the way you did it now.

* Try experimenting with te warning section. I changed the border to 1 px to look alike the tip template, but feel free to change it as nessesary.

* Thanks for the tip on the "guides" link. Now I know how to do it. But I'm still unable to link to a section of the same page (please look under the first screenshot on installing PCSX2)

* Just in case, I'm gonna take a look at the old guide in case we need to grab something. For instance, I've made a new article regarding command line options (needs work/screenshots/etc.).
English isn't my native language, if I make a spelling error, don't hesitate to let me know.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
2x Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB CL9
Creative Tactic3D Headset
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
[Image: 76561197995187625.png]
But for now I'm not touching test3 until you have to time to review it and make the nessesary changes/corrections.
English isn't my native language, if I make a spelling error, don't hesitate to let me know.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
(12-09-2014, 12:16 AM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: * Thanks for the tip on the "guides" link. Now I know how to do it. But I'm still unable to link to a section of the same page (please look under the first screenshot on installing PCSX2)

[[UserLaughoctorMuerte/test3#Folders|'''Folders''']]

Edited it for you in the guide as well.

Basically it's always [[CompletePageName#PageSection|'''Name for link''']]

(Link will end up in bold font).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(12-09-2014, 02:06 AM)Ryudo Wrote: [[UserLaughoctorMuerte/test3#Folders|'''Folders''']]

Edited it for you in the guide as well.

Basically it's always [[CompletePageName#PageSection|'''Name for link''']]

(Link will end up in bold font).

Thanks for that.

In your opinion, what else should be done to complete thr guide?

Anything else needs changing?

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
(12-09-2014, 12:22 AM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: But for now I'm not touching test3 until you have to time to review it and make the nessesary changes/corrections.

If you track my progression, you know that I'm not even a half-way through the guide. That's esp. unfortunate because I'll be absent for two weeks starting tomorrow evening.
Should we put the guide in its current state as the wiki windows guide or will it wait until I'll get back, what do you think?

Two non-native English editors are still better than one. The sum of our language knowledge will make some readable result I hope.
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!
(12-10-2014, 09:32 PM)ng__ Wrote: If you track my progression, you know that I'm not even a half-way through the guide. That's esp. unfortunate because I'll be absent for two weeks starting tomorrow evening.
Should we put the guide in its current state as the wiki windows guide or will it wait until I'll get back, what do you think?

Two non-native English editors are still better than one. The sum of our language knowledge will make some readable result I hope.

I speak English natively and write quite well(I've written some of the news articles for the main pcsx2.net). If you want, I can proofread the final version of the guide.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-10-2014, 09:32 PM)ng__ Wrote: If you track my progression, you know that I'm not even a half-way through the guide. That's esp. unfortunate because I'll be absent for two weeks starting tomorrow evening.

Yeah, I see you've made a lot of work, I feel a bit sorry about that, they're a lot of typos and parts with poor grammar. I promise to be more careful on the future, there is no use of making a guide if someone else has to come later and rewrite it.

You can put the guide if you want, I have no opinion on that regard. When you publish it I'm going to start working on the Linux version (only the getting and installing should change I think, I'm gonna ask at the Linux support forums) and finishing the command line guide. I hope to get them ready for your review when you come back.

Enjoy your holidays!

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
(12-10-2014, 10:33 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I speak English natively and write quite well(I've written some of the news articles for the main pcsx2.net). If you want, I can proofread the final version of the guide.

It would be mighty nice of you! I guess a lot of phrases will still need some rewording, some grammar will definitely be off. It might still require a lot of work.
It's no problem. Just let me know when the content of the guide is essentially finished, and I will go through it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD