PCSX2 Wiki collaboration thread
As most of you know, the PCSX2 wiki is in pretty sad shape. It's pretty badly out of date, and we don't have a lot of contributors. This thread will be a staging ground for improving that.

As with all wiki projects, anyone can help. So if you are interested, first head over to http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page and make an account.

Then I suggest reading here: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Help!_Ho...bute_guide

After that, add your information! And don't worry if you don't have a huge library to test yourself. Every little bit helps. You can also use information from the Public Compatibility List.

Beyond that, use this thread to discuss proposed changes to the structure of articles or the wiki itself, or ask questions you might have. Let's work together to make it better!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I'm already checking if we can just use our main wiki for the planned dev stuff.
In addition to testers reporting on games, it would have a code overview, dev test results from the hardware and other bits of information.
Bugs we're working on could link to the game page and back. I think it'd be great Smile
Might as well post the relevant stuff here:

This is the first page I edited. Can you tell what's wrong from the template? The template only has space for 2 testers at most, 1 Windows tester and 1 Linux tester. In order to update the game, I had to overwrite the test config of the previous guy which has remained since 0.9.8 so it was still kind of fine. But suppose somebody else with a different config on Windows yielded a different result, they'd have to ovewrite my config, which overwrite what I have to comment about it. That's not fine, my result was recent and pretty relevant, yet it had to make way for the new tester. And that's just the PCSX2 config, Hardware specs only have 1 place (which specs yields which results here again?).

I can bet this is why people are so hesitant when it comes to update the wiki, and I feel like if I'm not addressing the elephant in the room, this wiki will remain in this state forever. If you're looking to replace this template, please do it like the Dolphin wiki: a table that lists the emulator version, the specs, the comment and the tester's name, each in their own table entries.

I'm a tester, not a wiki guru. But here's my promise to update it more once we got a new template.

@rama: Sure, why not? Blyss said the wiki is purely user-operated up to this point, as in the devs have no use for it, which is head-scratching considering the wiki has a link from the official site's front page.
Where did I say that the devs have no use for it? I never said that. I said it was user run. That does not imply that at all.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-14-2014, 01:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Where did I say that the devs have no use for it? I never said that. I said it was user run. That does not imply that at all.

I could only guess, since if you did imply that, you'd be correct. The wiki surely doesn't have...
(07-13-2014, 10:27 PM)rama Wrote: code overview, dev test results from the hardware and other bits of information.
(07-14-2014, 01:41 AM)Tonygiang Wrote: I could only guess, since if you did imply that, you'd be correct. The wiki surely doesn't have...

Blyss didn't imply that.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I agree with Tony about expanding the template to allow more Entries instead of the one that gets overwritten each time someone wants to add theirs to the list.

Not saying we should allow everyone to add theirs that would be a mess I think with to many entries. We could start with say something like 10 and expand it later if need be. This number can be tweaked if need be. Just and idea right now. Would give us a good idea on what sort of system some of these will run on. And allow us to take a look and see if drivers have started causing issues like the current NVIDIA stable drivers and flickering issues in some games like Dark Cloud 2 for example. And the stretching issue as well.
I honestly don't have enough games to help out too much on this wiki. When you have less contributors for a wiki, the top concern is making it nice and easy for people who do want to contribute. One roadblock or unexpected hurdle can drive them away from making their contribution.
I think changing the template is a good idea too. IMHO the best way would be a modular table that expands as new entries are written.

Aside from that, I don't see any other problems with the wiki that would make it hard or inefficient to contribute. That's just my personal opinion though.
Since this is still a thing, should we just merge the compatibility list and the wiki into 1? Right now there are still more than 1 place to update compatibility information.

Oh dear lord, it's worse than I thought, the Compatibility list entries have their own settings notes that link back to the forum, some are severely outdated (back to 2006). This is going to take every testers to verify their results in order to centralize compatibility information.