PCSX2 (Wineskin) OpenGL/DX11/DX10 support
Currently we can get PCSX2 up and running on Mac with Wineskin. However, we are only able to get the DX9 version of GSDX working. 

The best version of GSDX right now is the OpenGL version, so it would be preferable to try get this one working instead. 

Looking at the developers discussions, DX9 is being left behind in development and will be dropped at some point in the future. 

So the purpose of this thread is to try to get OGL (ideally) or DX10/DX11 working with wineskin. 

I haven't had any luck so far, so if anyone have any suggestions or has any insights, please post here.

Sponsored links

What are the gl issue? Does it at least print the detected gl system?
And try a debug build with those opengl options
Quote:debug_glsl_shader = 1
debug_opengl = 1
Hi Gregory,

We've never been able to get OGL running on wineskin. 

Attached is a typical message we get when we try to boot with OGL software.

I've never tried to use a debug build before, so I'll have to take some time to see what it is and how it works....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hum, it failed to create the openGL context. Maybe it doesn't support some context option

The linux openGL context
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast...GL.cpp#L78

Code:
    int context_attribs[] =
    {
        GLX_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION_ARB, major,
        GLX_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION_ARB, minor,
#ifdef ENABLE_OGL_DEBUG
        GLX_CONTEXT_FLAGS_ARB, GLX_CONTEXT_DEBUG_BIT_ARB,
#else
        // Open Source isn't happy with an unsupported flags...
        //GLX_CONTEXT_FLAGS_ARB, GL_CONTEXT_FLAG_NO_ERROR_BIT_KHR,
#endif
        GLX_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK_ARB, GLX_CONTEXT_CORE_PROFILE_BIT_ARB,
        None
    };

The windows openGL context
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast...GL.cpp#L70
Code:
        int context_attribs[] =
        {
            WGL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION_ARB, major,
            WGL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION_ARB, minor,
            // FIXME : Request a debug context to ease opengl development
            // Note: don't support deprecated feature (pre openg 3.1)
            //GLX_CONTEXT_FLAGS_ARB, GLX_CONTEXT_DEBUG_BIT_ARB | GLX_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_BIT_ARB,
            WGL_CONTEXT_FLAGS_ARB, WGL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_BIT_ARB
#ifdef ENABLE_OGL_DEBUG
            | WGL_CONTEXT_DEBUG_BIT_ARB
#else
            | GL_CONTEXT_FLAG_NO_ERROR_BIT_KHR
#endif
            WGL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK_ARB, WGL_CONTEXT_CORE_PROFILE_BIT_ARB,
        };

It could be an issue with the forward context. Maybe it require a compatibility context or a core context

What GPU do you have? Intel only? What gl version does your driver support?
(02-23-2016, 02:47 PM)gregory Wrote: Hum, it failed to create the openGL context. Maybe it doesn't support some context option

It could be an issue with the forward context. Maybe it require a compatibility context or a core context

What GPU do you have?  Intel only? What gl version does your driver support?

I have an Intel HD6000, on a 2015 Macbook Air. I'm not sure what OGL version the hardware supports, but it supports up to 4.1 (plus a couple of 4.2 extensions) which is the maximum supported by OS X (See attachment). 

I think the best person to ask about this is uyjulian. He looked into this fairly extensively a while ago (though I haven't seen him around here in a while). 

(Regarding debug builds, I'm not capable of building myself. I usually just download the orphis builds. It might be an idea to have one out of every X builds being a debug build so plebs like myself can test and contribute?)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hum release build won't work anymore. I added a *very recent* extensions on windows. (Typically on linux it just crashes the context creation).

Quote: I think the best person to ask about this is uyjulian. He looked into this fairly extensively a while ago (though I haven't seen him around here in a while).
Maybe, it isn't possible. I don't know what wine does with openGL call.

Quote: (Regarding debug builds, I'm not capable of building myself. I usually just download the orphis builds. It might be an idea to have one out of every X builds being a debug build so plebs like myself can test and contribute?)
Debug build will be only useful, if you can change the context flag otherwise it won't provide any more info. I'm sorry, if you want to contribute (at least on code stuff) you need to learn how to build the project.
Hum, I know how you can help me. Maybe if you can find an open source GL application that run on wineskin. We might be able to detect the supported context option.
OpenGL doesn't work, last time I checked, because GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack is not supported in OSX.
OSX does not support backward compatible context. It's either 2.1 legacy feature or 3.1 new feature. I added the forwards compatible flag in 446977d1269ab6a1f4f07786eb08dd357be3d3f5, so the only thing left is to remove the requirement of GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack or wait for Apple.
Also, the latest PCSX2 versions will not work without VC2015 DLLs because PCSX2 is built using VC++2015 now.
I can check again later to see what is the problem.

Oh, and by the way, PCSX2 works if I use Linux instead of OSX :-)

The reason why I was not here recently is because I was not subscribed to the new thread; oops lol
I added a new flags recently in the context to avoid useless error checking in the driver. It might not be supported on Apple.

GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack could be emulated but it kills me.... When next OSx is planned?