PCSX2 + Xfire?
Hey

Ive been wondering if theres any way to stream PCSX2 using GSDX plugin? I know it works with ZeroGS, but not all games run smooth using that plugin, and when streaming using GSDX all i get is a blank screen (@ xfire).

Sponsored links

How did you even get it set up for Xfire to work within PCSX2?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
LongName=Playstation 2
ShortName=PS2
LauncherExe=pcsx2 0.9.6.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH%
_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%
_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=VALIDATE_USING_EXE_NAME

Manually add location in game list
Where exactly? There's no option to manually add a game if it's not in either the Installed or Not Installed lists.

*edit* Found it! I'll start playing around with settings and see if I can't get it to work.

Ok, I was able to get it to work using the latest beta, GSDx r1075 and with DX10 (you need to change the renderer in your games list to DX10, too)

It's very buggy and causes lots of graphical glitches.

When you have time, post here and let me know and you can check it out here:
www.xfire.com/live_video/krazytrumpeter05

ZZogl works with graphical glitches, but it's slower. (Change renderer to OGL in xfire games list)
What renderer does ZeroGS use? I'd like to try playing around with that plugin, too.

More updates!
Setting GSDx to Native res removes the big black box in the middle of your screen for Kingdom Hearts, but then you get a massive ghosting/blurring effect.
Setting either native or custom internal res in GSDX for FFXII and then streaming results in black boxes around 3D objects. Trying to figure out if it's a setting like texture filtering that's causing this. This issue is not present in ZZogl r143

Also, I'm sure you already noticed this but in most games it seems to be a large speed hit, even with speed hacks on. For some perspective, I run FFXII at full speed on my system with no problems but as soon as I hit broadcast, it drops by 15-20 FPS.

I could NOT get DX9 or ZeroGS to work. GSDx for DirectX10 works but with graphical glitches(black boxes around 3D objects being the biggest) and you will probably need to use speed hacks to get acceptable framerates while broadcasting(VU Cycle stealing causes transparent textures and actually seems to make the emulator perform poorly while broadcast, I got better frame rates with it completely off in FFXII). ZZogl works without many errors if at all, but is slow, even with speed hacks.

How 2 werk!1:
-Find the Xfire games list xfire_games.cfg (for vista users it's under C:\Program Data\Xfire)
-Scroll all the way to the bottom
-Add the next number in the sequence for me it was [5787]
-Add the lines from Zangakat's above post:

LongName=Playstation 2
ShortName=PS2
LauncherExe=pcsx2 0.9.6.exe (or pcsx2-beta-1059 if you are using the latest official beta)
_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%
_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9

-Change the InGameRenderer according to which graphics plugin you are using (D3D10 for GSDx DX10, OGL for ZZogl)
-Start up Xfire
-Start up PCSX2
-Pick your game and run it
-Hit scroll lock+b to start broadcasting!
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Is Xfire supose to detect that you are currently playing pcsx2?? Because it doesn't seem to work for me. I did exactly as you said and nothing...next number in the sequence as also 5787. Then i copy all those thing above:

[5787]
LongName=Playstation 2
ShortName=PS2
LauncherExe=pcsx2-beta-1059.exe
_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%
_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D10

i start xfire, then start pcsx2-beta-1059.exe, start the game and xfire still doesn't detect im playing it...

When i go to Options--->Games on Xfire and i search Playstation2 (on non-installed games) i can find it but if i use manual setup (since it doesn't automatic detec i can't find the exe. file on the folder it was supposed to be... -_-. Can any1 tell me if im doing something wrong or what.
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
What's your plugin set up?

Also, what are all your settings for GSDx?

And are you sure you are using the r1059 PCSX2 beta?
(05-03-2009, 02:50 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: What's your plugin set up?

Also, what are all your settings for GSDx?

And are you sure you are using the r1059 PCSX2 beta?

See images please...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1731/semttulomok.jpg
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
I'm not sure if this matters, but disable Edge Anti-Aliasing and output merger blur effect. Those are software mode only features.

Close XFire completely and close PCSX2 completely. Make sure the settings in your xfire_games list did get saved properly.

Then start up Xfire.
Go to your games list and select Playstation 2.
Click the button for Manual setup
Put the game path to your PCSX2 directory (mine is D:\PS2 Emulator but yours is most likely completely different)
THEN start up PCSX2 and try again.
Nop...didn't work. But this time if i press Scroll+B when playing pcsx2 it goes to that broadcast thingy (which i don't really need/want). But Xfire still doesn't detect/show my pcsx2 running...
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
Oh, well the broadcast thing is the whole point of this thread, and if you get that to work, the rest of the Xfire functions should work, too. Add me at krazytrumpeter05 and see if you can send me a message while you're playing the emulator