PCSX2 all games slowing down, only recent
I'm running PCSX2 0.9.7 (Just learned half a second ago a new version is out, though that probably won't change anything)

Computer specs:
AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.4GHz
2x2GB G-Skill DDR3 1600 RAM underclocked at 1333MHz because I don't feel like overclocking it >:V
ATi Radeon HD 5770 1GB from HIS
Integrated sound.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

That should be it.

PCSX2:
Set at Windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode
Disable visual themes
Disable desktop composition

Detailed problem description:

The games seem to run fine when it's first in. But after a few minutes of gameplay or in-game video, it'll start to slow down. First the sound starts to lag, only a bit noticeably, increasing a bit every few seconds. (Heh... increasing lag sounds funny when you think about it)
Then the video starts to lag, along with input, to the degree where it's going about 5FPS.

As stated in title, this has only started recently.

Games tested:
Mortal Kombat PAL
Bully NTSC
God of War NTSC (Though it makes the sound of the zombie guys you first fight awesomely terrifying)

FFX works fine though.

And that's about all the games I play on here so far. My ISO ripper is rejecting most of my PS2 disks. But that's another thread for another forum. All aforementioned games have been tested fully compatible with PCSX2.

I'm thinking this has something to do with my sound card (Or lack thereof)

If any other info is needed, I can probably provide it.

Sponsored links

1- if you are going to use a compatibility mode choose XP SP3 there is some rumors about it gives some boost Wink
2- use imgburn instead of "your ISO ripper"
3- it is looks like overheated system check your temp constantly because the mobo will enable protection feature which will decrees your CPU clock to minimum to lower temperature Sad
System temps seem normal

I set the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3, and updated to the latest version. Much of the slowdown in MKA has gone, but there's still input lag and some sound problems. I sohlud probably just decrease sound quality a bit and see if that helps.

Will try other games when I stop procrastinating (You know you have a problem when you procrastinate videogames)
What you have just read is pure awesome. Remember that.
(06-19-2011, 01:17 AM)Jaredvcxz Wrote: System temps seem normal

I set the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3, and updated to the latest version. Much of the slowdown in MKA has gone, but there's still input lag and some sound problems. I sohlud probably just decrease sound quality a bit and see if that helps.

Will try other games when I stop procrastinating (You know you have a problem when you procrastinate videogames)
try to update to the latest SPU2-X-v1-5 ( it is a sound plugin ) you can find him at news section
Sound plugin didnt make much slowdown. Lemme look at ur configuration. Speedhacks are great actually but i think some1 like u will never touch something like it. So no useful comment from me. U can try no sound for the spu2-x and see the diffrents.
i'm sorry for my bad english.

Model: Acer Aspire 4736G
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6600 @ 2.2GHz
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® G 105M • 512MB DDR2 VRAM
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB WDC
(06-19-2011, 10:23 AM)Eldrants Wrote: Speedhacks are great actually but i think some1 like u will never touch something like it

Not sure what you're implying so I will simply ignore your next few posts in this thread.
(06-19-2011, 01:30 AM)abdo123 Wrote: try to update to the latest SPU2-X-v1-5 ( it is a sound plugin ) you can find him at news section

(06-19-2011, 10:23 AM)Eldrants Wrote: Sound plugin didnt make much slowdown. Lemme look at ur configuration. Speedhacks are great actually but i think some1 like u will never touch something like it. So no useful comment from me. U can try no sound for the spu2-x and see the diffrents.
i recommended that he get the new version to fix his sound problem not to increase speed

(06-19-2011, 01:10 PM)Jaredvcxz Wrote: Not sure what you're implying so I will simply ignore your next few posts in this thread.
you did use speed hacks wright ? because if it was up to me i will call it speed keys Tongue2
now use preset "aggressive plus" for God Of War in emulation settings down there ( don't worry it will run faster than ever kratos will blink a little but it is not a big deal and you can use x2 native now easily)
and enable manually (in emulation settings then speed hacks above ) for MKA and Bully one by one IF you find a bug just don't use the hack you just enabled
now hopefully the speed problem is gone

(06-19-2011, 01:10 PM)Jaredvcxz Wrote: Not sure what you're implying so I will simply ignore your next few posts in this thread.

just my hunch Smile no hard feeling. I though u dont want risk ur pc since u mention 'underclocked'. u know that speedhack had tht kind of warning.

(06-19-2011, 02:16 PM)abdo123 Wrote: i recommended that he get the new version to fix his sound problem not to increase speed

tested already. its great. Biggrin
i'm sorry for my bad english.

Model: Acer Aspire 4736G
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6600 @ 2.2GHz
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® G 105M • 512MB DDR2 VRAM
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB WDC
Sorry I haven't replied yet, been on vacation and finally got a ps3 so I was playing around with that (PS3 on a 19" 4:3 CRT is hell... Well, everything is hell on a TV like that but that's beside the point.)

Speedhacks don't seem to do anything here. But my ISO ripper finally worked so I can test more games.
Use CPU-Z and check your CPU frequency the moment the slowdowns happen
[Image: newsig.jpg]