PCSX2 and Xbox 360 wireless controller
(04-13-2013, 12:56 AM)KrossX Wrote: Yes indeed, you need 64bit builds for 64bit emulators and 32bit builds for 32bit emulators. There's an older version that has 64bit builds but I really don't recommend it. Anyhow! My Linux'ing is completely experimental and could only make 32bit builds cuz I don't have the 64bit OS no more.

As for the config problem, there's no problem... cuz there is no config. Tongue2 The only dialog window I have is for Windows, and although I had made some work on a GTK window I never finished it. However, there IS a way to configure the plugin with an INI file that gets created (in the INI folder for PCSX2, or in-place for other emus). Note that this plugin ain't LilyPad, so there is little to no customization available. To invert the Y axis on the left stick for your problem, set AxisInverted to 256 on the INI file.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. Problem is no INI file was or is getting created. I'll post a screenshot of pcsx2 and pcsxr. Kind of confused as to how it's not created. Have you heard of anyone else having this issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

No idea, cuz I haven't heard from much people that use the linuxin' build. Try a search for padPokopom.ini ?
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Damn no google searches. Would it impact in any way if I created my own and just put the line that you stated or can you upload one on this thread? If you can upload one, then a default one is fine and I can change that line you mentioned earlier. Thanks.

Btw, on the topic of your plugin, it's really nice. I enjoy the rumble feature. Kind of sad the default plugin in these emulators don't support rumble or the axes. Then again, it could be they're not optimized for linux. I'll continue trying.
Google searches? No no no, search your system for that file as it's got to be somewhere. Then edit it. =D

Makes no sense to make one, cuz the plugin won't load it. If there's no settings file, the plugin creates one and that's the file it will try to load next time. For PCSX2 it should've been on the INI folder cuz PCSX2 itself sends the path. =S
*sigh* couldn't find the file. It's ok though. I'll manage someway. Who knows eventually somebody will figure it out. Maybe if I compile it myself? The source should be on your google site. I'll look it up.
Yeah, there's no MAKE file though... cuz I dunno how to make one. All you need is build-essentials and libx11-dev, then just use my super compile script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
clear
g++ -Ofast -march=native -Wall -fPIC -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -c magical-tools/Pokopom/Pokopom/*.cpp
g++ -Ofast -march=native -shared -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -Wl,-soname,libPokopom.so -o libPokopom.so *.o
rm *.o

Yeah, my linux dev enviroment was just gedit and that script. >_<
Wait how would I compile this? Sorry, I'm really new to compiling. I've installed the prerequisities that you mentioned.
Well I compile and still nothing. I had to install the 32 bit g++ package but it compile a 32 bit plugin. It was even recongized by both emulators. Still same problem, no ini file, left axis still reversed, and the rumble wasn't working. That was a new one. Frankly your compiling was better. :-P There has to be someone with Ubuntu using your plugin. They must have run into this issue.
Well, now that you can compile... Tongue2

Open the PlayStation.cpp file with gedit or something, and by the end of it look for PADsetSettingsDir. Right below it, you'll see Debug, rename that one for printf. Recompile, put it on PCSX2, and look for that message in the log window.

#EDIT: I'll try to make a VM with Ubuntu 12.04 to help you out.

#EDIT2: On that same file, look for PADconfigure and add the following below CreateConfigDialog(); -> FileIO::INI_SaveSettings();

That should make the INI file when you click Config. Tongue2
I appreciate your help. So I did what you said at first and it made an ini file! Along with rumble and everything else working. Tried it out on pcsxr and pcsx2, both work. I decided to get rid of that first compile and create a 2nd one since the ini file was created I didn't need the printf function anymore. Changed it back to debug, left the other line alone. Compiled it again, created the file and tried again. It worked! ini file was created again, and rumble was working. Changed axis inverted to 256 for both pcsxr and pcsx2 and this is where I ran to an issue. Pcsxr accepted the 256 and inverted the axis, so up was up and down was down. Pcsx2, however, did not and seems to ignore the 256 value. I set it as that, and still up is down, and down is up. Everything else seems to be working properly. I'll try rumble even with this error in pcsx2 to make sure that's working. At least I have an ini file for both of the emulators though. Any idea what's wrong? Why would it work for pcsxr but not for pcsx2? Btw, while compiling both times and before, I got this nullDC error. Something about nullDC does not define a file type. Thought I should let you know. That's about it. Ini files are created, pcsx2's being picky though. So only line I added was that save ini file you told me to add underneath create something. I changed printf back to Debug so that's back to the way it was. 32 bit and everything. Let me know if you need more information. We're almost close!