PCSX2 and/or GSDX (latest version) make games hangs a lot ! Regression ?
Hello,

I often read when a problem arrives in a game "try with the last version".
So I downloaded the latest version of both but from now many games hangs a lot. It is either PCSX2 or GSDX but whatever the game : Wipeout, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Gow and more. Everyone hangs about let say 30min of games (but at random moment).
I have never encountered this problem with official release.
I'd like, instead of getting the latest version, you recommend me the STABLE version of both. Which one ?
I'am fed up for these hangs (with 1680x1050 internal res, desactivate CPU Speed hack, and tried a lot of stuff, but always hangs 10 or 20 min of game)
I need always to redo all or often do F1/F3, that's boring.
Do you have those problems with latest versions ?
Now I want stable versions, where are they ? (the gxdx topic indicate only the latest version).

Thanks
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 [email protected] + Noctua NH-C12P | Extreme Patriot 2x2Go DDR2-PC8500 | Inno 3D GeForce GTX 260 | WD Raptor 74Go 8Mo

Sponsored links

gsdx is far from the problem, your using a high-rez that isn't meant to be used, of course it hangs.. some games have minor core issues when it first loads up, but patience is a virtue. either compile the latest svn on your own, or stop complaining. they do all of this on their free time.
'Stable' is relative. GSDX is under constant development, not feature-frozen and worked on only for bugs like most software. The latest builds are usually the most stable, since regressions are treated as major bugs and fixed rather quickly.

As Saiki suggested, have you tried playing at native res? GoW never froze on me with GSDX 1006 SSSE3 (except at the very end).
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(05-10-2009, 02:44 AM)echosierra Wrote: GoW never froze on me with GSDX 1006 SSSE3 (except at the very end).

that's not really a freeze, since it runs but doesn't advance. "running freeze?"
don't know what your problem is. if the latest betas don't seem to work with your games, go back to the latest stable version (or the last version that worked for you). it's a work in progress, you will have to experiment a bit to get what you want or you will have to wait for version 1.5.x of pcsx2 before trying again.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I fear that it is GSDX the guilty. I'am going to go back to an earlier version.
And I can't play at native resolution, otherwise, I prefer going to the market and buy a PS2 at 99$. On the contrary, I enjoy to play at 1680x1050 on my PC Smile
(05-10-2009, 02:17 AM)Saiki Wrote: gsdx is far from the problem, your using a high-rez that isn't meant to be used, of course it hangs.. some games have minor core issues when it first loads up, but patience is a virtue. either compile the latest svn on your own, or stop complaining. they do all of this on their free time.

I agree, but I'am just looking for a STABLE tagged version.
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 [email protected] + Noctua NH-C12P | Extreme Patriot 2x2Go DDR2-PC8500 | Inno 3D GeForce GTX 260 | WD Raptor 74Go 8Mo
Just so you know, you are suppose to have a ps2 and games so you can play on pcsx2 with the games you have.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
I bought games, but not the PS2 Laugh....GOW for 10 euros Smile !
I really don't manage to play more than 15min at shadow of colossus, whereas I remember having finished the game entirely without so frequent hangs (one or two) two or three months ago...Sad
I am afraid that what have been corrected since (for example be able to play new games) has been at the price of less compatibility for previous games :/.
Before guess to pcsx2 or gsdx plugin issue, try your games with latest beta/plugin in default clock cpu, perhaps that problem related to overclock cpu and not to program/plugin.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
It is for that I created the thread : do you have so frequent hangs ?
Concerning my OC, I have doubt...my PC games runs well (I play Gears Of War and Crysis).
Maybe I need to test with CPU burn...but it makes almost 1 year I run my computer OC.

EDIT : I confirm : OCCT burn CPU test worked 1min only Sad...I'am going to investigate.