PCSX2 beta 1474 state doesnt work (loaded with the same version of pcsx2)
I have been using beta version, but the savestate doesnt work it always says the file is corrupted or incomplete.

i include the picture:
[Image: pcsxerror.jpg]

I have confirm that it is in the correct folder(sstates) of the beta pcsx2 and the only save state in the folder just in case and also it doesnt get mixed up with other version of pcsx2 that i am using(0.9.6) Still it doesnt work.

Thanks

Sponsored links

I wanted to ask this as well. I get the exact same problem.

I'm on PCSX2 r1601. My save states don't ever load now.

My save states used to work. It's actually if I load a previous save state from when they did save properly, I can still open them now, but I can't open a save state I created after that point. So something is obviously wrong with my saving.

I don't understand why they stopped working.

Is it possible that I have low disk space they are not working? On the disk where PCSX2 and save states are for me I only have 500 MB of data left.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Save states are not always compatible between versions of PCSX2 or plugins (And different plugins). You should use memcards when changing PCSX2 versions or plugins.
I don't use save states across plugins. I meant new save states I make with the same version of everything, they never work.

When I use PCSX2 r1601, and I'm using the same plugins I save with, it always comes up with the same error posted in the OP.

It's odd because save states I made a long, long time ago will work while new save states with my current version won't load Wacko

Edit - To the OP:

I think I solved the problem myself....

Don't save states from the PCSX2 GUI (don't press ESC mid-game and then go File- Save State-Slot 1 or whatever).

To save states press F1 while PCSX2 is still emulating.

I just did that and loading the save state worked for me lol.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
It doesn't matter which version of PCSX2 you use, Save States are seriously broken, and it's a case of sometimes they work sometimes they don't.
For example, I just dumped my Jak & Daxter to ISO (just to try it out, even with the graphical errors), I used 1621 svn, waited until all the unskippable cut-scenes had finished, hit F1 to save, played a little then quit the emulator. Loaded PCSX2 back up, run the game, hit F3, instant crash.
Next game I tried was Katamari Damacy, using the patches to skip the intro, I hit F1 to avoid the intro and patches again, quit the emulator, run it again, Hit F3, instant crash. No using different svn builds, or different plugins.
Strange thing is, this didn't used to be a problem. A few months ago, Save States were amazingly robust, you could flip between betas and svns, and even software and hardware plugins, and they still worked a treat. A great thing was to save-state a problem area, maybe a graphical error, change to software or a different plugin, run the game and hit F3 and it worked a treat. This was a great way of seeing if a plugin was a cause of problems.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
I will look into savestates when I've got the wxgui branch working as the main trunk version of the emulator. No ETA yet on when that will be. I'm working about as fast as I can. :/
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
You shouldn't be using the latest SVNs for this kind of test. Bugs crop up all the time, that's why the SVNs aren't pre-compiled for everyone to try. These things will show up.

Again, you should never rely solely on Save States to begin with. And just because you had no problems switching to newer versions before, does not mean a new change in the new SVN doesn't break save states (especially if you're using microVU as that's constantly being worked on in the latest SVNs)
^Interesting, interesting.

I never intended to depend on save states myself until they become super stable in PCSX2, I was just curious as to why it stopped working. Thanks for the info.

I use save states in ePSXe all the time though Smile
(08-16-2009, 11:37 PM)Koji Wrote: You shouldn't be using the latest SVNs for this kind of test. Bugs crop up all the time, that's why the SVNs aren't pre-compiled for everyone to try. These things will show up.

Again, you should never rely solely on Save States to begin with. And just because you had no problems switching to newer versions before, does not mean a new change in the new SVN doesn't break save states (especially if you're using microVU as that's constantly being worked on in the latest SVNs)

Why not ?
I'm not relying on them, I''m simply stating that they're broken.
Do you not want bugs reported ?
And as for svn, I expect bugs thats why I enjoy testing them. I'm not moaning here, I'm simply reporting that they're broken in some way.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
If you are saving savestates and loading them in the same version and there is a problem, then yes it should be reported.

It however is not a bug if savestates don't work between versions of the emulator.

Curryking: Yes, but when was the last time epsxe was updated? 2 years? 3 years? Back when it was updated regularly, there were similar problems with incompatibility between versions. ^_^