PCSX2 completely crashing on new system.
Hello, I recently upgraded my system to the new Kaby Lake processor and the results for this emulator is disastrous... Most of the time crashing before even gameplay.  On both the official and the Git versions. I'd like to say it happens at a certain point but it's really just random, sometimes it's as soon as I boot, sometimes I get into gameplay.

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 14393), 64-bit
Physical RAM     =  32723 MB
CPU name         =  Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed        =  4.199 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
x86EFlags        =  2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. AVX2.. FMA

GTX 1080

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 7,72 KB / Downloads: 231)

Sponsored links

Updated with a new crash log.

Attached Files
.7z   emuLog.7z (Size: 6,99 KB / Downloads: 96)
Can you try running in software mode just to try and rule out the nvidia drivers, I've not tested them to see if they're okay or not, but recent drivers have introduced random crashing for me.

If the crash error gives any further details that would help, you might need to check event viewer
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Switching to software mode seemingly did nothing. Often times it crashes before even gameplay.

EDIT: I've also ruled out the graphics card, I have another machine that I tested it with boots and runs fine. I should note it crashes every time without fail on the 7700 setup.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 52,79 KB / Downloads: 109)
have you installed the VC redists, x86 and x64, you are probably missing at least one of them as i experienced random crashes till i reinstalled them.
Edit... That looks like access errors looking at the log.. I'm no expert but it might be that pcsx2 is not being allowed to read the ISO's
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
(03-13-2017, 05:28 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: have you installed the VC redists, x86 and x64, you are probably missing at least one of them as i experienced random crashes till i reinstalled them.
Edit... That looks like access errors looking at the log.. I'm no expert but it might be that pcsx2 is not being allowed to read the ISO's

Thanks! Just how would I go about doing that? Both the disk and the iso produce same result. I run it as admin as well as have admin privileges.

Just in case could you link those redistributable in case I'm being an idiot.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145 try changing the folder both pcsx2 and the isos you ripped are in, and since its a new pc build i would also reseat your ram at some point just in case there is an issue there.
(03-13-2017, 06:04 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145 try changing the folder both pcsx2 and the isos you ripped are in, and since its a new pc build i would also reseat your ram at some point just in case there is an issue there.

Actually repairing the already installed redistributes did it! Thanks! and solved.
you are welcome mako