PCSX2 configuring for low-end PCs (NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED)
Sorry to dumb down the conversation here, but... Where can I find gsdx.ini to set the values to the numbers from the first post? Tongue

Sponsored links

Look for it in the "inis" folder located in the place you installed PCSX2 to or under your "Documents\PCSX2" folder.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I am using AMD Athlon X2 Dule Core 2.8 processor
2GB Ram
512 Mb ATI Radeon 5450
But game(Tekken 5) is very slow in running and some vertical lines are there,
Can anyone help me to fix that?
No need to post it in 2 different topics.

Anyway:
Athlon 64 X2 5600 = too slow for Tekken 5. Dunno about vertical lines, probably some newer pcsx2 version fixed it, you don't give any info about pcsx2 you're using. But this CPU is simply too old, it's 2.8ghz doesn't equal to new cpu's 2.8ghz blindly guessing I would say it's around half speed of new intel cpu with same frequency and last person asking for this game needed like 2.8ghz i3 cpu to run it at full speed;]. Also that person was using older pcsx2(which is unsupported by now), saying that game works slower in new pcsx2.

Experimenting with speedhacks is probably most you can do, but will not give you full fps anyway maybe like half speed at most, also VU stealing will just probably just give you false fps reading while the game will still be same slow. Soo don't overjoy if you see 60fps with some settings it'll be false nothing moreTongue.

Anyway there is no fix for you that will allow playing it at full speed. As you posted in this thread you should firstly try Saiki suggestions for low end cpu's from the 1'st post in this topic. That will probably be max you can get and it'll not even get close to a normal speeds. This game is simply much more demanding than your cpu is able to give.
thanks, my emu was always in slow motion, but now I can play FFXII in full speed thanks to you, my low end laptop is now a beast.
specs:
AMD dual core E-350(1.6Ghz) APU
AMD Radeon HD 6310 integrated graphics
3Gb ram
Nvidia Logan laptop with a 10 node Parallella cluster
64GB 2400Mhz RAM
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
My motto:The mark of a fool is to say everything out of their experience as impossible.
Have to say thanks for the settings, I get a consistent 54-60fps during battles in DQ8 now Laugh
ok a lot of people asked this but I cant find my gsdx.ini I looked in my programs folder and my documents folder. There isnt a gsdx in my inis folder either. I made a txt documents with the code in and saved as gsdx.ini in my inis folder but will that work?
Hi, i have an Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2390 @ 1,86Ghz, with 3GB RAM and an Intel GMA X3100, for now soon I will get a much better machine, but for the time being, how can I set-up PCSX2 so that it runs good on this machine?
How do I use the settings on the first post?
What do you mean how to use them? Set the settings to those values.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i don't think he quite understands what he's trying to do lol sorry waikde lol cant type well at the moment pm me for help