PCSX2 development picks up speed
Well, I would expect it to help some. I just think some people think it will like boost the speed hugely, and it won't. Maybe like 10 percent would be optimistic.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

This(#1) is a good news.

And here are a few requests related with cheats.

1. Move the Cheat folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 x.x.x\Cheats" to "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\PCSX2\cheats".

2. Support fully conditional branch codes type D and E: Not Equal, Less Than and Greater Than. (See the source file: pcsx2/Patch_Memory.cpp line 290 ~ 314.)

3. Support a GUI screen for cheats.
(09-12-2014, 05:34 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well, I would expect it to help some. I just think some people think it will like boost the speed hugely, and it won't. Maybe like 10 percent would be optimistic.

10% is a pretty big jump though
X64 builds are a long way off.
All that was done was fixing a lot of initial show stoppers, so that the real work, which is the recompilers, isn't held back by those as well.
Speed may be good then, or not, it's all in the stars at this point Tongue2

tadatada:
No one in the dev channel uses or works with cheats, so in typical FOSS spirit I invite you to "do it yourself" Wink
Great news!64 bit version eventually comes true.
Because quite a number of people switch to windows 64 bit OS. You make an amazing choice.
Thank you very much, every brilliant developer. You are so sweet!
I still find it funny that all people are happy about is the work done towards a x64 bit build, regardless of the fact that this change, besides allowing the emulator to use more RAM in difficult cases (which shouldn't really happen in the first place), might as well provide a zero to minus speedboost considering overhead Tongue

But yeah, let us celebrate over superficial changes instead of actually having a debugger that will allow the benevolent developers to provide more accurate emulation and less glitches throughout Smile
I think at least the news made clear that the most important thing is the debugger. Sonicadvance1 does a good job but till now he only replaced x86-only classes/datatypes by x64-compatible stuff. As rama said the complicated stuff is still ahead.

I am quite curious if the debugger really is the key to understand a few or all of the last problems of pcsx2...
I found a bug in minutes that was pretty much indiscoverable before.
Finding it required to have the assembly plus the register contents in view to see it Smile
Well that is really good news. Then thanks again to Kingcom for implementing this.
(09-12-2014, 09:20 AM)rama Wrote: tadatada:
No one in the dev channel uses or works with cheats, so in typical FOSS spirit I invite you to "do it yourself" Wink

OK. I've finished fixing and testing #2. This is the first time I have used the GitHub, and it seems to be correctly proposed this update.

(09-12-2014, 06:29 AM)tadatada Wrote: 2. Support fully conditional branch codes type D and E: Not Equal, Less Than and Greater Than. (See the source file: pcsx2/Patch_Memory.cpp line 290 ~ 314.)