PCSX2 doesn't fully utilize my computer/Performance randomly dropped
Specs:
i7 4710
GTX 860m (capable of all new games @ 1080)
8 gigs ram

[Image: J6HFZOq.png]
[Image: VdwQBKp.png]
[Image: Xf1JY5c.png]
[Image: v2X2Wwi.png]

Rest of the settings are stock.

While playing sly 2 I would always get a solid 60fps lock with pcsx2, it played perfectly. I launched it today and im not going over 50 fps, drops down to 30 even.

Checked MSI, my cpu load is 30% while graphics card load is 50%. Can anyone please help me to get back to playing my favourite game!?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

set windows performance plan to high performance and play the game while plugged in. if it's still low, please provide a screenshot of all of your pcsx2 settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yep, It's been on high performance, thanks for noticing its a laptop. I should add the cpu runs at 3.2 ghz constant (locked with throttlestop)

Made no changes (I believe) before the performance randomly tanked. Making the settings lower or hell, even 6x res still keeps the framerate the same

[Image: J6HFZOq.png]
[Image: VdwQBKp.png]
[Image: Xf1JY5c.png]
[Image: v2X2Wwi.png]

Rest of the settings are stock.

Thanks!
try the latest development builds from here.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-06-2015, 02:07 PM)ssakash Wrote: try the latest development builds from here.

Hmm, that looks like a very big jumble of downloads. Thanks! Will report back.
(06-06-2015, 01:49 PM)DAXTER619 Wrote: Specs:
i7 4710
Checked MSI, my cpu load is 30%

Please note that PCSX2 uses a maximum of 3 threads in HW mode (with MTVU enabled) and, as such, on a CPU like yours with 8 threads, you will not see a usage higher than 37.5%; even then, that would assume that all 3 threads are maxing out rather than 1 bottlenecking, which is probably what is hapenning. If you have a piece of software that shows individual core usage you should notice one of the cores is at 100%.

Still doesn't explain, using ThrottleStop, why it was good before and not now; more demanding game section, exhaustion of VRAM or throttling GPU could be the causes...
What are your gpu and cpu temperatures while playing? It sounds like your laptop is getting too hot
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-06-2015, 02:07 PM)ssakash Wrote: try the latest development builds from here.
Sorry Kind of a noob at this, I have no idea what development builds are, but i tried 2 and they make the game extremely laggy and unplayable (is there a certain one Im supposed to download?
(06-06-2015, 02:12 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: Please note that PCSX2 uses a maximum of 3 threads in HW mode (with MTVU enabled) and, as such, on a CPU like yours with 8 threads, you will not see a usage higher than 37.5%; even then, that would assume that all 3 threads are maxing out rather than 1 bottlenecking, which is probably what is hapenning. If you have a piece of software that shows individual core usage you should notice one of the cores is at 100%.

Still doesn't explain, using ThrottleStop, why it was good before and not now; more demanding game section, exhaustion of VRAM or throttling GPU could be the causes...
So I disabled mvtu (it gave me a performance boost before today) My framerates increased a bit, and everything was fully utilized. Sadly I'm still not on the performance at before (for example in the menu id get a 60, 70 with framelimiter disabled, now its 47-50)

[Image: NOdJrx0.png]

(06-06-2015, 02:41 PM)refraction Wrote: What are your gpu and cpu temperatures while playing? It sounds like your laptop is getting too hot
Temps reach upwards of 75-80, pretty good for a laptop, even without high temps I've made sure throttling is off

Thanks guys.
(06-06-2015, 02:51 PM)DAXTER619 Wrote: So I disabled mvtu (it gave me a performance boost before today) My framerates increased a bit, and everything was fully utilized. Sadly I'm still not on the performance at before (for example in the menu id get a 60, 70 with framelimiter disabled, now its 47-50)

You're better off with MTVU on, if not PCSX2 only uses 2 threads, I was just illustrating that you will not see 100% CPU usage with PCSX2 Smile
ok well its something to do with your gpu as your gpu is maxing out, as seen by the 99% on the core.

have you put your gsdx settings up recently? new drivers? anything like that?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]