PCSX2 don't use my graphic card
You can check the base frame rate by going to Config > Emulation Settings > GS. You can also try the stable version.

Sponsored links

If u're planning to reinstall windows 7 first read this Guide >> http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatings...part-1.htm
Then update u'r Graphic card from windows update.then from amd offiicial site.
i suggest u backup u'r all data e.g drivers,softwares,games,photos,music everything u need to a separate hard drive e.g E,F,G
also download stable version full install !
Quote:Then update u'r Graphic card from windows update.then from amd offiicial site.
correction : before reinstalling, go get the latest drivers.
Then apply them once you reinstalled windows.
and finally run windows update.

This way you will directly install the good driver instead of "updating twice". It's cleaner Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
oh yeah i forgot it.u can pre-download it.
check most recent version from amd now & keep it in another hard drive !
Wow... seems to be a lot of extreme talk here... If afterburner started showing something at 6x, but the frame rate is still low it sounds like either a configuration issue or just a very hard to emulate game (x4 at 3ghz isn't exactly a beast performance wise either).

Maybe I missed it, what game exactly is being tried here? If your CPU is only pushing the game to 20fps, your GPU may simply not have a lot to do and therefore not enough to shot up on afterburner's software. Have you tried using other software? What about AMD's catalyst? What does it read the GPU usage as? It's going to be a lot more precise than using 3rd party software.
[Image: 2748844.png]
@Koji
I tried History Channel, The - Civil War - A Nation Divided. How to check usage of GPU by AMD's catalyst?

I installed Windows 7(only system, drivers, directx and visual c++ 2010 ) and tried emulate, but still fps is low(about 20).
Can you run high demanding PC games smoothly with high settings?
(05-26-2013, 07:00 PM)rafibestmaste Wrote: @Koji
I tried History Channel, The - Civil War - A Nation Divided. How to check usage of GPU by AMD's catalyst?

I installed Windows 7(only system, drivers, directx and visual c++ 2010 ) and tried emulate, but still fps is low(about 20).

Open the catalyst control panel and go to overdrive. You don't have to enable overclocking, it'll still have the meter right there.

Unfortunately, I don't have that game so I can't personally test it to see if I'd get similar results.

That said, if you have other PS2 games, you should try them and see if you're getting a similar issue. There is absolutely no doubt PCSX2 is using your video card (scaling doesn't work in software mode, and if it did you definitely wouldn't be getting 20fps still at 6x) so messing with video card settings or anything else is probably not needed.

That means there is some problem in emulation that's causing slowdown elsewhere. As I said, try another game to see if you get better results. Also, I may have missed it in this thread, what are your EE and GS percentages? You can find them on top of the game window.
[Image: 2748844.png]
High demanding PC games(for example Crysis 3 - vety high settings,TOMB RAIDER 2013 - ultra settings)are working well on my computer.

I got response for my e-mail to AMD support. They confirmed that Device Manager have to shows AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, not AMD Radeon HD 7850, so my driver is installed properly. The same was proved by reinstalling Windows 7.

The EE and GS percentages are on the image below.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130527/2r88ew7f.jpg

The AMD overdrive shows 0% activity too.

I'll try another game to make sure that's PCSX2 trouble.
I tried Medal of Honor - Frontline and unfortunately exactly the same low FPS and 0% usage of GPU. It must be trouble with PCSX2. Can you add support for new radeon graphic cards - AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Series?