PCSX2 don't use my graphic card
(05-27-2013, 06:06 PM)rafibestmaste Wrote: I tried Medal of Honor - Frontline and unfortunately exactly the same low FPS and 0% usage of GPU. It must be trouble with PCSX2. Can you add support for new radeon graphic cards - AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Series?

As I said before, it's 100% NOT a graphics card problem (I have a 7870 btw). EE% is at 99% which means it's a CPU or an emulation problem.

The reason your GPU isn't being pushed/hardly used is simply because it's not getting any data to work with because the game isn't running fast enough.

Again, I don't have those games, so I can't confirm but it's either the games aren't compatible yet (and thus why it's killing the CPU thread for EE) or there is something wrong with your CPU underclocking/overheating or some other issue there.

I do believe that medal of honor is a known game to be hard on CPUs, but again, I can't test to be sure.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

(05-27-2013, 06:06 PM)rafibestmaste Wrote: I tried Medal of Honor - Frontline and unfortunately exactly the same low FPS and 0% usage of GPU. It must be trouble with PCSX2. Can you add support for new radeon graphic cards - AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Series?

I'm using a 7870 and I can run God of War at 4x resolution at full speed.
It's not seem to be emulation problem - http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Medal-of-...8-U--29435

So PCSX2's Developers should transfer most of work to graphic card, because they're dozen times efficient. Then emulating game should be better. Most of games mainly use video card. That's why I upgraded only this component and the newest demanding PC games(Crysis 3, Tomb raider, Metro Last Light) are working well on my computer.

I hope the option(more work for graphic card) will be added in the future SVN, because I love classic PS2 games.
(05-28-2013, 09:48 AM)rafibestmaste Wrote: So PCSX2's Developers should transfer most of work to graphic card, because they're dozen times efficient. Then emulating game should be better.

that would need a major rewrite of the whole emulator, but why not ?
feel free to bring your Dev Skills here : http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
To my knowledge, the reason the majority of the workload is placed on the CPU in pcsx2 is because it's more accurate than when the work is performed by the gpu. Hence why software mode can fix alot of glitches. The main sum of this project is accuracy, and programming it to use the gpu more than the cpu would probably require aloy of the code to be completely rewritten.

Edit - damn, need to type faster on my phone lol
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(05-28-2013, 10:28 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: To my knowledge, the reason the majority of the workload is placed on the CPU in pcsx2 is because it's more accurate than when the work is performed by the gpu. Hence why software mode can fix alot of glitches. The main sum of this project is accuracy, and programming it to use the gpu more than the cpu would probably require aloy of the code to be completely rewritten.

Edit - damn, need to type faster on my phone lol

Moreover, the CELL architecture required a perfect synchronisation between the main CPU and the co-cpus. This is not how a PC natively works. But I guess our Little friend already knows all this since he was giving advice to the devs Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-28-2013, 09:48 AM)rafibestmaste Wrote: It's not seem to be emulation problem - http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Medal-of-...8-U--29435

So PCSX2's Developers should transfer most of work to graphic card, because they're dozen times efficient. Then emulating game should be better. Most of games mainly use video card. That's why I upgraded only this component and the newest demanding PC games(Crysis 3, Tomb raider, Metro Last Light) are working well on my computer.

I hope the option(more work for graphic card) will be added in the future SVN, because I love classic PS2 games.

The problem is not PCSX2. I could play many games at full speed with minimal glitches. I suggest you to try another games but if you have this problem with every game then you probably do something wrong but I cannot tell what it is.