Poll: Would you want an Android version?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would like an Android version
57.14%
8 57.14%
I could care less
42.86%
6 42.86%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PCSX2 for Android.
I don't see mobile x86-64 chips becoming much more powerful in the coming years, due to the power constraints. Some architectures like ARM excel at lower power applications. If anyone really wanted PCSX2 to run on a device such as a tablet, then they would have to port PCSX2 to ARM. Other chips will either generate too much heat or have abysmal battery life.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

I think it is more complex than x86 vs ARM ISA. Power/perf tradeoff depends greatly on the transistor choice. In all cases PCSX2 will be a battery killer (3-4 threads with lots of SIMD).

There are 2 major player in SoC. The ultra low cost Chinese and the monopoly of Qualcom. Apple is a separate market. Samsumg just does their eynox for fun and marketing. I'm not sure Intel will have some rooms (even if Intel SoC were 2 times betters). Margins are quite low so you need to sold a lots of devices. Soon the market will be mature and the small player will disappear (texas/st/nvidia). Who's next?

Maybe it would be a good idea to implement a solution that is compatible with multiple ISA. However it is lots of work