PCSX2 for Arch Linux
Hi All,

I hope this it the right place I've installed PCSX2 from the Arch REPO & AUR but it refuses to boot & gives this message in the terminal.

(PCSX2:12399): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:33:34.451: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App:: OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

any Idea what it means cause I'm a noob at this .

Sponsored links

For all who updated recently and are experiencing crashing upon launching pcsx2. Please downgrade your version of lib32-pango to 1.44 until pango sorts their issues out. You can downgrade your package using this command
sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/p...pkg.tar.xz
Arch Linux's community package for the app which is on their official multilib repositories has sparked some questionable changes in the way they have compiled the binary. I chased them up about them defining OPENCL_API=ON, DISABLE_ADVANCE_SIMD=ON and EGL_API=OFF as well as building the 64-bit version of the emulator prematurely.

- OpenCL support is still experimental and we might be getting rid of it, future is unclear for it. Generally it's not included in any of the builds that are distributed as well as it being disabled by default when building the emulator. I'm glad this was disabled in the build, though.
- The reason advanced SIMD is set to be disabled is to support really old CPUs with only SSE2 support. I don't understand who would have a powerful enough CPU to run the emulator decently that doesn't support AVX2, but that was the decision made by the package maintainer.
- EGL was enabled as it is the only option in the current 1.7 developer builds of GSdx for Linux. I'm not sure the package maintainer understands this but he agrees EGL is the way to go.
- 64-bit support isn't mature enough to force onto everyone. The new 64-bit support requires moving away from the 1.6 stable build which has been kept on that repository for some time now. This change was made after I reported issues about the compile flags.

With these changes as well as future unwanted changes, I would like to say that for the foreseeable future we should NOT recommend using the pcsx2 package in Arch Linux repositories. Instead, please use the pcsx2-git package on the AUR which is maintained by weirdbeardgame with help from myself and others. If you would like a package which distributes a precompiled binary, please voice your opinion. If there is enough interest, we might get one going.
If the package maintainer reads this, please consider looking at our package while following it much more closely and keeping your version down at the stable 1.6 release.
i have problem compiled in arch linux

CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:426 (message):
The package name passed to `find_package_handle_standard_args` (GTK3_GTK)
does not match the name of the calling package (GTK3). This can lead to
problems in calling code that expects `find_package` result variables
(e.g., `_FOUND`) to follow a certain pattern.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
cmake/FindGTK3.cmake:855 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
cmake/SearchForStuff.cmake:138 (find_package)
CMakeLists.txt:32 (include)
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Found the following HarfBuzz libraries:
-- HarfBuzz (required): /usr/lib32/libharfbuzz.so
CMake Warning at cmake/SearchForStuff.cmake:223 (message):
ENABLE_TESTS was on but gtest was not found, unit tests will not be enabled

CMake Error at cmake/SearchForStuff.cmake:266 (message):
No system or bundled fmt was found

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/-/pcsx2/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/-/pcsx2/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
ninja: error: loading 'build.ninja': No such file or directory
ninja: error: loading 'build.ninja': No such file or directory
I have an issue with gamepad support. The controller seems detected but I can't set any buttons with the GamePad settings. Works fine with jstest, evtest, steam, RPCS3, etc.

Controller is a DS4 through a 8bitdo adapter (also tested in USB). I've also tried with other controllers: Switch Pro (USB), 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ (USB) but with the same result.

Quote:PCSX2 1.7.0-20210323175618
Savestate version: 0x9a1d0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Linux 5.11.16-arch1-1 x86_64
Physical RAM    =  15892 MB
CPU name        =  Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Vendor/Model    =  GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed        =  4.195 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType        =  Standard OEM
x86Flags        =  bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
x86EFlags        =  2c100800

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. AVX2.. FMA
Pcsx2 was compiled as 64-bits.

Plugins shutdown successfully.
Installing POSIX SIGSEGV handler...
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins from /usr/lib/PCSX2...
Bound  GS: libGSdx-AVX2.so [GSdx 64-bit (GCC 10.2.0 AVX/AVX) 1.2.0]
Plugins loaded successfully.

[GameDB] 10363 games on record (loaded in 195ms)
PAD: controller (Xbox 360 Controller) detected with rumble support, GUID:030000005e0400008e02000020010000
PAD: controller (8Bitdo SF30 Pro 8BitDo SN30 Pro+) detected, GUID:03000000c82d00000260000011010000
PAD: controller (Xbox 360 Controller) detected with rumble support, GUID:030000005e0400008e02000020010000
PAD: controller (8Bitdo SF30 Pro 8BitDo SN30 Pro+) detected, GUID:03000000c82d00000260000011010000

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: works in 1.4.0, doesn't work in 1.7.0.1154.bc477e1ce and 1.6.0
Hey, I was wondering if anyone who maintains the Arch/Manjaro package is hanging around this thread, or someone that knows them, or someone who can answer my question.

Please can someone tell me the exact CFLAGS used for the Arch/Manjaro build. Please!
I need this because they're getting something right which I and the Debian maintainers are clearly getting wrong in the Debian builds. Actually the maintainers have broken it on my system starting from 1.5-git, but don't tell them I said that Glare

Thanks in advance.
Ryzen 3600X || 8GB DDR4-2666 || GTX 1650 4GB || Debian 10 || PCSX 1.7 (App Image), 1.5 (Stable), 1.4 (EOL)