PCSX2 for Arch Linux
Yama, Taking in consideration what Gregory said, I suggest you try editing the PKGBUILD by adding the following line before the IF statement of cmake calls.

Code:
CXXFLAGS=""

Sponsored links

Good shot gregory !
The issue was indeed the hardening stuff. After uninstalling this package, pcsx2 builds fine.

Thank you for your help you two, I would have trouble figuring it myself...
Having this weird issue with pcsx2 just check out this screenshot. I've been screwing with the settings and this is the best output I can get. The framerate/audio are both fine it's just pretty unplayable in this state.

This is using the GSdx plugin with the OpenGL (software) renderer. The other plugin ZZ Ogl just crashes pcsX2 with a GLXBadFBConfig error. This is all after a fresh install from the git version off of the AUR.

Also, I'm using an nvidia card and the open source nouveau drivers if that's helpful in diagnosis.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Zzogl. Build was done with glsl => require high gl version aka not mesa (actually PCSX2 need to be updated).

Gsdx => open gui => 2nd tab and disable separate shader extensions. I really need to debug this stuff in Mesa one day.
Yeah that did it thanks man, figured it would be something simple.
I just installed PCSX2 from the package in multilib and configured it to use GSdx in OpenGL (Software) mode. This works, but the resolution is not scaling even though I uncheck "native" and set scaling to "3x". In the config guide I read that scaling is only supported when using the OpenGL (Hardware) mode, but this mode just gives me a black screen with sound. I'm using an AMD Radeon HD 7750 with latest Catalyst-Packages from Vi0L0:

Code:
yaourt -Q | grep catalyst
catalyst/catalyst-hook 14.12-2
catalyst/catalyst-libgl 14.12-1
catalyst/catalyst-utils 14.12-1
catalyst/lib32-catalyst-libgl 14.12-1
catalyst/lib32-catalyst-utils 14.12-1
catalyst/lib32-opencl-catalyst 14.12-1
catalyst/opencl-catalyst 14.12-1

I can also choose OpenGl (OpenCL) mode, but it just crashes PCSX2 - this could be my fault as I'm not shure I installed alle the OpenCL related stuff correctly.

In fact, none of the options in the GSdx Config Global Settings part seem to change anything - what can I do to improve the rendering quality?
Nothing is done for opencl linux. Sw renderer doesn't support aliasing. So it would stay like ps2.
However hw mode must work normally.
Sadly, it does not, and there are no error messages in the log-window:
Code:
Plugins opened successfully.
Suspending single plugin: GS
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
    Opening GS
    Loading GS
Patches: No CRC, using 00000000 instead.
Edit GSdx.ini and set this variable debug_glsl_shader to 1.

Relaunch from a terminal and copy past the output of it.(unfortunately it is not redirected into main PCSX2 console/log)
General info for Arch linux users with an intel card.
The repo version will not work!
You have to compile pcsx2 in CG mode.

To do so use the AUR package and remove following lines from the PKGBUILD: -DGLSL_API='TRUE'

I found this info on the archlinux forum:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=170259