PCSX2 for Arch Linux
I recently updated to the latest PCSX2 svn revision, using the pcsx2-svn package, and since then, I haven't been getting any sound output at all. There are no error messages that I can find, and this happens with all the games I have. I have lib32-portaudio installed, and switching the API between Alsa and Jack doesn't help.
Unfortunately, I can't remember what svn revision I was using when sound did work. Furthermore, it had been a while since I'd used PCSX2 when I upgraded it, so it might have been an update to something else that broke the sound. Sound is working perfectly in all other programs I've been using. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, or what I might do to figure it out? Without error messages, I'm lost!

Sponsored links

Chaotechnician, sorry for the delay. Can you please build again and let me know if problem persists?

If you're building locally, please compile PCSX2 locally with makepkg flag "-L", which creates build log and package log files. Then, attach to this thread (or use a paste site, like pastebin.com
(08-02-2012, 04:37 AM)josephg Wrote: Chaotechnician, sorry for the delay. Can you please build again and let me know if problem persists?

If you're building locally, please compile PCSX2 locally with makepkg flag "-L", which creates build log and package log files. Then, attach to this thread (or use a paste site, like pastebin.com

I wasn't building locally before, but I just did, and, unfortunately, the problem persists. The log was a bit too big for pastebin, so I split it in two. The first part covers the svn checkout, the second covers the actual build.
Part 1
Part 2
(08-03-2012, 08:34 PM)Chaotechnician Wrote: I wasn't building locally before, but I just did, and, unfortunately, the problem persists. The log was a bit too big for pastebin, so I split it in two. The first part covers the svn checkout, the second covers the actual build.
Part 1
Part 2

Build looks good. What is the audio plugin set (SPU2 something) ?
SPU2-X 2.0.0. It's the only audio plugin available, other than SPU2null.
Hi, I just installed PCSX2 earlier this morning, but I'm having a problem attempting to configure controls with the OnePad plugin. I wasn't able to find anyone with a similar problem through the forum search.

I've connected my PS3 controller via USB, and OnePad detects it alright. However, once I attempt to click on any of the buttons to configure the controls, PCSX2 becomes unresponsive, and one of my processor threads jumps to 100% and remains until I kill the process. Does anyone know why I might be encountering this issue?
I have a quick question, I am hoping to compile with a full set of CXX/CFlags, which are defined in my /etc/makepkg.conf, as follows:
Code:
-mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -msse4 -msse4.1 -msse4.2
however, when I compile PCSX2, and run the application, even though it detects the sse4.1/4.2 instruction set, I only have the SSE2 version of GSDX etc, is there some trick to getting things compiled with Cmake to follow my flags?

Probably worth mentioning, I am using the AUR PKGBUILD
I've made some weird progress. Sound works when I switch the output to OSS. That's not to say that sound works whenever the output is OSS. If I start with OSS selected, there's no sound. I have to either start with the output set so ALSA or Jack and then switch to OSS, or change the output from OSS to something else, then back to OSS, before sound will work. So, my problem is kind of solved, but it's an odd, clumsy solution, and it feels like it could stop working at any moment.
Xaero,

Reading "${srcdir}/pcsx2/cmake/BuildParameters", more specifically in line 96 (at least in svn revision 5388), you will notice that the developer set only SSE and SSE2 on propose. Don't know why, though.

Maybe you can patch this file? In the PKGBUILD, add the following example-command right before 'cmake' command is called, and then build it:

flags_u_want=-msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -msse4 -msse4.1 -msse4.2
sed "s@-msse -msse2@$flags_u_want@" -i cmake/BuildParameters

In worst case, you'll crash PCSX2 until you build it again. Smile
JHCA,

Now, that's weird. In my case, my PS2 controller wouldn't work until I load proper kernel modules and set PCSX2 buttons to it. After that it worked fine. But it never became unresponsive like yours.

Any debug message?