PCSX2 for Arch Linux
Chaotechnician,

hmm I don't have oss installed. I have alsa installed and running at startup, and pulseaudio and jack due to package dependencies. But I don't know much about this subject, sorry.

I recently updated pcsx2 and pcsx2-bin to 1.0.0 - can you try them as well? If you have problem with them too, then it might worth reporting a bug to upstream.

Sponsored links

To set the gcc stuff you can use this 2 variables: -DUSER_CMAKE_C_FLAGSWackoTRING="....." and -DUSER_CMAKE_CXX_FLAGSWackoTRING="......"
(08-20-2012, 08:30 AM)gregory Wrote: To set the gcc stuff you can use this 2 variables: -DUSER_CMAKE_C_FLAGSWackoTRING="....." and -DUSER_CMAKE_CXX_FLAGSWackoTRING="......"

I notice it was set in the file and I thought it wouldn't work using this flag. Prefer gregory's way, then. Smile
(08-20-2012, 06:42 AM)josephg Wrote: Xaero,

Reading "${srcdir}/pcsx2/cmake/BuildParameters", more specifically in line 96 (at least in svn revision 5388), you will notice that the developer set only SSE and SSE2 on propose. Don't know why, though.

Maybe you can patch this file? In the PKGBUILD, add the following example-command right before 'cmake' command is called, and then build it:

flags_u_want=-msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -msse4 -msse4.1 -msse4.2
sed "s@-msse -msse2@$flags_u_want@" -i cmake/BuildParameters

In worst case, you'll crash PCSX2 until you build it again. Smile

Thanks! I hadn't worked with cmake much in the past so I wasn't exactly sure how to override that setting. I presume they set it that way on purpose for compatibility reasons, in addition to that they usually list their minimum specifications as "sse2." The Windows version they compile with Visual Studio pops out a SSE2 binary with SSE2-4.1 versions of all plugins, the GSDX and vu/ee rec (seperate from pcsx2 elf even though they aren't modular) see massive gains using SSE4.1. At any rate I'll play around with the flags - thanks a lot!

Thanks, gregory, that seems to be the proper way to do it!

Interesting question, couldn't you add
Code:
-DUSER_CMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="$CFLAGS" and -DUSER_CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING="$CXXFLAGS"

To the cmake line in the PKGBUILD to automatically pull in the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables from /etc/makepkg.conf?

Interesting, I compiled using the parameters and ended up with an SSE4.2 PCSX2, but the plugins all still appear to be SSE2 (GSDX being the only one that reports its instruction set)

At any rate... unfortunately PCSX2 under Linux just runs slower, I don't see any other real reasons why... I am able (on windows, or using the windows binary via wine) to get 60+fps in most games... Linux native using Gsdx OpenGL Hardware I get massive slowdowns and OpenGL Software is usually around 40-45 FPS... obviously a little slow.
Xaero,

I didn't used /etc/makepkg.conf FLAGS because I know nothing about the capabilities of PCSX2, even though I always read the svn logs. If I dare to set different flags, I might end up introducing bugs that I won't be able to fix, due to lack of time and development knowledge.

But you are welcome to try, build, break and report bugs to me (as a package maintainer) and to PCSX2 devel team. Wink
Don't use full default flag for the build. PCSX2 doesn't like all gcc options. I think msse is OK but it might need others define or it conflict with curreny option (march). Maybe I can try something to auto detect the cpu!
Sad 
So after scouring the internet for a day to run uLE on my slim SCPH-70012 PS2 so I could dump my BIOS (no easy task for slims, believe me!), after installing the SVN AUR package, poping in NFSU2, I hit run full CDVD.... aaaanddd... nothing. It just hangs like a boss, saying "HLE notice: Set 'host:' path to /run/media/******/UNDERGROUND2/" and nothing else. Not even a black screen! I even tried the v1.0 Linux download from the homepage and it didn't work either! Any ideas?

System specs:
64 bit
Core 2 Duo: 2.8Ghz
Nvidia 9800 GT
2 gigs mem
ArchLinux on 3.5.4-1 ARCH kernel Biggrin

EDIT: Nope, turns out I'm just stupid and forgot lib32-nvidia-utils lol
Hi, i have installed pcsx2 on arch linux, but i can't play any game. Below log shows, whats wrong.

Code:
bagheera@tux:~$ pcsx2
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Loading language translation databases for 'Polish' [pl_PL]
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!

(pcsx2:21224): Gtk-WARNING **: Nie mo�na odnale�� modu�u obs�uguj�cego motyw w module_path: "qtcurve",

(pcsx2:21224): Gtk-WARNING **: Nie mo�na odnale�� modu�u obs�uguj�cego motyw w module_path: "qtcurve",
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
PCSX2 1.0.0.r0  - compiled on Jan  5 2013
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Host Machine Init:
        Operating System =  Linux 3.6.10-1-ARCH x86_64
        Physical RAM     =  3936 MB
        CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
        Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
        CPU speed        =  3.107 ghz (4 logical threads)
        x86PType         =  Standard OEM
        x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 1d9ae3bf
        x86EFlags        =  28100000

x86 Features Detected:
        MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Installing POSIX SIGSEGV handler...
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
        Binding   GS: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libGSdx-0.1.16.so
        Binding  PAD: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libonepad-1.1.0.so
        Binding SPU2: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libspu2x-2.0.0.so
        Binding CDVD: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libCDVDiso.so
        Binding  USB: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so
        Binding   FW: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libFWnull-0.7.0.so
        Binding DEV9: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libdev9null-0.5.0.so
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9640 games on record (loaded in 186ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
        Init GS
        Init PAD
        Init SPU2
        Init CDVD
        Init USB
        Init FW
        Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
        Opening GS
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
Closing plugins...
        Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
^C
bagheera@tux:~$

However, i DID installed swrast package from AUR:

Code:
bagheera@tux:~$ pacman -Ss swrast-dri
aur/swrast-dri 9.0.1-1 [installed] (3)
    Installs swrast dri module from libgl package

Any idea how to fix it?
swrast = software rasterizer => GL driver that replace your fast GPU by your slow CPU (from a graphic point of view).

GSdx require a true opengl3 drivers ie either nvidia or amd proprietary driver. Intel doesn't count yet maybe next year. FYI, unfortunately zzogl won't work neither with Intel core iN gpu.
(01-05-2013, 03:43 PM)gregory Wrote: swrast = software rasterizer => GL driver that replace your fast GPU by your slow CPU (from a graphic point of view).

GSdx require a true opengl3 drivers ie either nvidia or amd proprietary driver. Intel doesn't count yet maybe next year. FYI, unfortunately zzogl won't work neither with Intel core iN gpu.

Well, it that case, what is the solution? I have nvidia gtx460 card installed on this machine and following packages:

Code:
bagheera@tux:~$ pacman -Qs nvidia
local/lib32-nvidia-cg-toolkit 3.1-2
    NVIDIA Cg libraries (32 bit)
extra/libcl 1.1-3
    OpenCL library and ICD loader from NVIDIA
extra/libvdpau 0.5-1
    Nvidia VDPAU library
extra/nvidia 310.19-2
    NVIDIA drivers for linux.
community/nvidia-cg-toolkit 3.1-2
    NVIDIA Cg libraries