PCSX2 for Arch Linux
Hi Arch Linux users!

This thread is for you! Here you can get (and contribute) information, support, patches, scripts, feedbacks etc. and provide as well!

With this initial post, you will see some instructions on how to build and install PCSX2.

PCSX2 packages available for Arch Linux

pcsx2 - Provides latest official stable release of PCSX2 in Archlinux official repositories; package provided in binary built by archlinux Trusted Users;

pcsx2-git - Provides latest development revision from Git repository. this is available in AUR (Arch User repository) as a Git VCS package, which means that it will get the latest source of code of PCSX2 on every time you build the package. This is particularly useful for those who want to be up-to-date with PCSX2 Dev Team changes in source code.

pcsx2-plugin-usbqemu-wheel - Provides an USB plugin for steering wheel for using with PCSX2.  

How to build/install PCSX2

This post had detailed instructions on how to build locally the pcsx2-git package, but such information is no longer needed as PCSX2 Wiki provides a nice tutorial with all you need.

So, please refer to the PCSX2 Wiki pages Compiling on Linux for build instructions, and Setting up linux version for installation instructions.

See also

Sponsored links

nice jobs :d. A minor typoe, there are some redundancy on step 5.
(09-06-2011, 12:11 PM)gregory Wrote: nice jobs :d. A minor typoe, there are some redundancy on step 5.

Step 5 edited, thanks!
There's a few issues with the current builds available. As you've noted elsewhere, the official 0.9.8 release doesn't work very well. However, the pcsx2-svn package is (currently) installing a broken zzogl plugin that causes a segfault on loading a game (throws a BadMatch X error: serial 29 error_code 8 request_code 136 minor_code 5).

Of course, this may be related to my setup. When I run your patched version of 0.9.8, I get a similarly defective zzogl plugin, though in that case its because it can't load my direct renderer. I know for a fact direct rendering works because the output of glxinfo tells me that I do in fact have direct rendering, and because I've written opengl code that utilizes it. So it seems like that version of the plugin is loading the wrong gl libraries. In fact, the extension that it claims is missing (GLX_EXT_framebuffer_object) is definitely available.

For the record, my video card is an ATI/AMD 5850, and I'm using the catalyst drivers.

Let me know if you'd like any other information. I'm not sure if this a packaging issue (or current svn) issue, and I just need to wait for a fix or if I need to adjust my setup. I suspect that I need to expose the libgl binaries provided by catalyst to pcsx2, but because of the 64bit -> 32bit issues, I'm not sure how to proceed.

That said, I can run the games via the software renderer. I'm just wholly disappointed by the performance, and I'm hoping the opengl plugin is faster. My machine should be more than capable of handling this emulator, though I'd hate to have to install windows just to check.

System specs:
Phenom II x6
12gb ram
ATI 5850
I'm a little out of time right now, but I have some thoughts on this subject:

1- Yes, your hardware is more than enough.

2- I suppose you have installed catalyst-utils. Do you have lib32-catalyst-utils as well? Make sure you don't have lib32-libgl or lib32-nvidia-utils installed.

3- Run `ldd /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libzzogl-?.?.?.so` and look for missing library.

4- Run `pcsx2` from the command line and put the output (including the aforementioned error) in a text file and attach to this thread. Maybe we can find more from that.

Verify the above topics and let me know,

Cheers

UPDATE: Just came across with the following phrase in ATI Catalyst Archwiki page:
Quote:For x86_64 users [catalyst] provides lib32-catalyst-utils package needed to run 32-bit opengl applications and wine games.
I also have some trouble related to GL_EXT_framebuffer_object - I've got a NVidia GeForce 7600 GT, and when I run pcsx2, zzogl crashes with:

Code:
ZZogl: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebuffer_object for multiple render targets

I've already started a thread here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ZZogl-ERR...er-targets, sorry.

edit: Also, apparently, pcsx2-svn doesn't build the binaries, just these files (this is at the end of output of `yaourt -S pcsx2-svn`):

Code:
-- Install configuration: "Debug"                                                                                                                                                
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/pcsx2/GameIndex.dbf
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/applications/pcsx2.desktop
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/pixmaps/pcsx2.xpm
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/doc/pcsx2/PCSX2_FAQ_0.9.8.pdf
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/doc/pcsx2/PCSX2_Readme_0.9.8.pdf
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/man/man1/pcsx2.man
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/cs_CZ/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/pl_PL/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/hu_HU/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/tr_TR/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/sv_SE/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Iconized.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/cs_CZ/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/pl_PL/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/hu_HU/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/tr_TR/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/share/locale/sv_SE/LC_MESSAGES/pcsx2_Main.mo
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libCDVDiso.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libCDVDlinuz.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libCDVDnull.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libdev9null-0.5.0.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libFWnull-0.7.0.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libGSdx-0.1.16.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libGSnull.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libonepad-1.1.0.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libPADnull.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libSPU2null.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so
-- Installing: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-theon/aur-pcsx2-svn/pkg/usr/lib/pcsx2/libzerospu2.so
@Theon144: Ok, let's discuss your issue in this thread you started.

UPDATE: Fixed in 5096-1. Any problem, please let me know.
I'm having an annoying trouble. I've installed pcsx2 via yaourt. Everything done, but, when I start a game, my X restarts. It's the same that happens on VLC when I use other render than opengl.

I think it's a issue with ati drivers. I'm using a hd5670 in crossfire. In the command line, nothing are shown of issues, but my X restarts. Just try start a game, restarts X
(03-07-2012, 03:06 AM)ilkyest Wrote: I'm having an annoying trouble. I've installed pcsx2 via yaourt. Everything done, but, when I start a game, my X restarts. It's the same that happens on VLC when I use other render than opengl.

I think it's a issue with ati drivers. I'm using a hd5670 in crossfire. In the command line, nothing are shown of issues, but my X restarts. Just try start a game, restarts X

I suggest that you read log files: /var/log/messages, /var/log/boot, /var/log/Xorg.0.log and PCSX2 specific logs at $HOME/.config/PCSX2/logs/ (mainly 'emulog.txt')
I even have a problem with my new installed PCSX2:

Setup complete, but when I try to launch the iso, I get the following error-message:

Code:
(pcsx2:10984): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_set_width: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(pcsx2:10984): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_extents: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(pcsx2:10984): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_line_count: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
Floating point exception

Edit: Oh forgot my system specs Laugh

8GB Ram
GTX 560 ti
Do you have any clue, what`s going on here, or what I could try to fix it?

Oh I`m so sorry after a reboot it`s working fine Smile

Edit: Ok now I get other errors, but I think I could eliminate them