PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu

Isn't this the extension -GL_ARB_multi_bind?. I put it bold on my glxinfo.

Sponsored links

It is but GSdx doesn't support it properly. Those message are for me and to help support Wink Don't read them.
Quote:Multiarch cross-compilation is not yet supported
Just to make sure that I have clearly understood the problem ...
Does this mean that we have to compile PCSX2 on Debian 32 bits ? Is it a Debian side problem ?
The wiki isn't very clear ... https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Chr...Multi-arch
(08-30-2014, 09:12 PM)Yama Wrote: Just to make sure that I have clearly understood the problem ...
Does this mean that we have to compile PCSX2 on Debian 32 bits ? Is it a Debian side problem ?
The wiki isn't very clear ... https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Chr...Multi-arch

To simply put it, you can't build a 64 bit version (amd64 architecture) so you can only build into a 32 (x86) bit environment, due to native x86 asm code. The multiarch architecture of Debian/Ubuntu should enable the cross compiling of a 32 bit build from amd64 environment, but it's still WIP and the graphic library (gtk) prevents from actually doing that. That said, the amd64 is perfectly capable of running such x86 build, the problem is only in the headers for the build.

There are a lot of ways to cross compile, I personally prefer a VirtualBox VM, but you could do it by chrooting or by manually download headers and libraries and "complete" the multiarch environment by yourself (I tried, it's very stressful because of the various 32 bit paths).

Hope it's clear!
Crystal clear !
Quote:or by manually download headers and libraries and "complete" the multiarch environment by yourself (I tried, it's very stressful because of the various 32 bit paths).
But this "just" works on Archlinux ... Sometimes I have trouble understanding Debian choices ...
(08-31-2014, 03:30 PM)Yama Wrote: Crystal clear !
But this "just" works on Archlinux ... Sometimes I have trouble understanding Debian choices ...

That's technically incorrect. You could do it on every distro, arch and gentoo among the others are just easier as they provide skeletons and dependancies, but everything just goes down to the headers and libraries paths passed to the compilers/linkers, so it's hard but doable.
Well debian method is very good but unfinished. Some devs don't understand the need of multiarch. They say "just create a chroot", reality is that it isn't user friendly and it is very annoying. If at least they can support multiarch (you need to add a keyword on the package) for multiarch-aware package it would be a good progress. Maybe arm64 will bring up better multiarch (let's me dream)
Hello SteamOS user trying to figure stuff out

So far I've gotten it to run the first time set up but the GS and SPU2 sections are blank and wont allow me to continue. The files are in the plugins folder but the Log files read as such
Quote:[wx] libportaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Path: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so
[wx] libEGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Path: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libGSdx-0.1.16.so
Some kinda plugin failure: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libGSdx-0.1.16.so
[wx] libCg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Path: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libzzogl-0.4.0.so
Some kinda plugin failure: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libzzogl-0.4.0.so
[wx] libbz2.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Path: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libCDVDiso.so
[wx] libportaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Path: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libspu2-x.1.4.0.so
Some kinda plugin failure: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libCDVDiso.so
Some kinda plugin failure: /home/desktop/Desktop/pcsx2-1.2.2/plugins/libspu2-x.1.4.0.so
Action canceled: Startup aborted: User canceled FirstTime Wizard.
Compared to a lot of linux users, I'm still very new and a bit will go over my head. I'm well versed in Windows and getting this working on windows.
Hello MadModderX and welcome in the awesome linux world.
This (very) recent topic should help you fixing your problem Wink
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ubuntu-12...n-of-libcg

edit : The second search engine on this page should help finding which package install which lib.
https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
(02-10-2014, 09:06 PM)gregory Wrote: (note I will update it in a couple of days).

Good sir, would you be so kind to update the PPA and save me the hassle of building the git version myself? Thanks in advance!