PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
Hello Gregory, I'll do tests for you with a great pleasure but I just updated my system to Ubuntu Quantal 12.10 and there is no fglrx drivers for it for the moment. As soon as the final Quantal version is out with functionnal fglrx drivers, I will answer to your post.
Config: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic 64 bits - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - official Ubuntu Nvidia drivers 390.48 - 1920x1080 - Processor Intel i5-3570 3,4 Ghz - 8 Go RAM

Sponsored links

Ok. It is not urgent. 12.10 might work better (or not Sad )
"Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta Linux® Driver: New OS Support

This release of AMD Catalyst Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems.

Ubuntu 12.10 early look support
RHEL 6.3 production support"

Early look sounds a bit meh, but they are getting closer at least. Tongue
Just a heads up for people with Quantal. libglew1.6 is no longer in the main repo (now just libglew1.8), so you need to install the deleted package from canonical, then the PPA will install just fine.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/i38....6/1.6.0-4

Still tinkering to get it to boot, but installed clean so far.

EDIT: Yay boots great now! For some reason only the USA bios works for this JP iso..
Thanks for your feedback. I need to update ppa (or at leat build it on quantal)
(06-02-2011, 02:15 PM)gregory Wrote: Dears Debian and Ubuntu users,

Here a thread to concentrate all needed information and support for your lovely distribution.

Compilation on 32bits: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...deForLinux

PPA package on 32bits: https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+...ficial.ppa
+ stable (lucid, maverick)
+ unstable (oneiric, precise)
<hr>

Status on 64 bits: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Chro...tatusLinux
There are various threads to compile on 64 bits, but the easiest way is to use the latest multiarch feature (see below). In short you can directly install 32bits dependency on a 64bits system. The full support of Multiarch is included in Ubuntu Precise and Debian wheezy (unfortunately 1 lib remains blocked in SID due to the wheezy freeze)

On Debian:
You must add i386 to the supported architecture of dpkg. Need dpkg 1.16.2 (included in wheezy)
Code:
dpkg --add-architecture i386

Multiarch cross-compilation is not yet supported

<hr>

Here the Debian status of dev package for cross compilation:
Toolkit:
* libc6-dev => done
* gtk2.0 => not yet compatible
* wxwidget => only need to be marked multiarch compatible
* libx11-6 => done
* zlib1g => done
Graphic:
* libglew => done, miss some dependency
* libjpeg8 => done
* mesa=> only need to be marked multiarch compatible
Audio:
* libasound2 => done
* libsoundtouch => done
* portaudio2 => only need to be marked multiarch compatible
Nice to have:
* libbz2 => done
* libsdl1.2 => not yet compatible

<hr>

Multiarch status versionning:
* be verbose by default. Add some colors. Add some details on dependency.

Ok, first of all I am a total Newb to this, but I run Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 bit with custom Kde backports and themed and tweaked out. Will I still be able to compile on this? I don't believe I am on precise, but I do have some of those packages. This is a Ubuntu distro, but way better and cooler. Thanks. Laugh
What Ubuntu version is this based off of (best if at least Ubuntu 12.04)?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-07-2013, 03:59 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: What Ubuntu version is this based off of (best if at least Ubuntu 12.04)?

12.04 64 bit. Do I have enough power to run it too? 3.00GHz dual core Pentium D, 3GB DDR2 RAM and a Geforce 210 silent with 1GB
Wow, you stand almost no chance of getting a playable speed with that hardware I'm afraid to say. But if you insist...and your distro is 64 bit Ubuntu based (to support multiarch)...then just try Gregory's PPA...open a terminal...

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

then... sudo apt-get update

then.. sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-07-2013, 06:19 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Wow, you stand almost no chance of getting a playable speed with that hardware I'm afraid to say. But if you insist...and your distro is 64 bit Ubuntu based (to support multiarch)...then just try Gregory's PPA...open a terminal...

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

then... sudo apt-get update

then.. sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think I'll wait till I get a better system then. If you don't mind telling me, what hardware am I falling short on?