PCSX2 for Fedora
(01-03-2016, 02:23 PM)slavezeo Wrote: I built an RPM for Fedora 23, it's source is from Jan 2nd 2016. It's kinda a work in progress but works fine on my system (Fedora 23 x64). If you are interested in giving it a go just PM me and i'll get you the link to my Google Drive. If a few people test it and it works ok i'll link it for general consumption.

Well well, it looks like my RPM works fine on a fresh Fedora 23 x64 system. I reinstalled Fedora a couple of days ago and used my RPM just now. It pulled in the dependencies and launched just as expected. Go Go Power Rangers!

I think I'm attaching the RPM correctly to this post, if not just PM me for the Google Drive link.

.zip   PCSX2-01.02.2016-Fedora23-rpm.zip (Size: 2,97 MB / Downloads: 234)

Remember to unzip it first then install with gnome's software app or via the command line.

If your computer erupts into flames, it's not my fault.

Sponsored links

Hi! I get error during launching PCSX2-1.4 in Fedora 21, I have installed all binaries and recompiled wx3.0 gtk2. Well, the first window appeared and when I applied the language settings, it closes with this error below. Help would be appreciated!

./PCSX2-linux.sh: line 75: 30966 Illegal instruction (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$MY_LD_LIBRARY_PATH" __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 $DIR/PCSX2 "$@"
delete the gsdx avx2 plugin and retry.
Hi Everyone,

I have added the new rpmfusion package to the top of this thread. Sorry for the delay and the headaches for anyone trying to build it - and thanks especially to Gregory for having to sort them out.

Gregory - is it possible to add a tarball of the 1.4.x branch to the pcsx2.net source download page? I think I *might* need this for rpmfusion to accept the new package - although I'm trying to commit nevertheless

More generally to anyone reading - the delay in producing the package is a bit indicative of the state of life at the moment, my life has changed for the busier over the past couple of years and I'm probably not the best person to be maintaining the Fedora package. If somebody would be interested in taking over, I will help you as much as possible with building for rpmfusion and so on (although I'm far from an expert).
(01-29-2016, 02:16 AM)slavezeo Wrote: Well well, it looks like my RPM works fine on a fresh Fedora 23 x64 system. I reinstalled Fedora a couple of days ago and used my RPM just now. It pulled in the dependencies and launched just as expected. Go Go Power Rangers!

I think I'm attaching the RPM correctly to this post, if not just PM me for the Google Drive link.

Remember to unzip it first then install with gnome's software app or via the command line.

If your computer erupts into flames, it's not my fault.

slavezeo, if it helps with your packaging, I've attached the spec file I'm using for PCSX2 1.4.x for your info....

.gz   pcsx2.spec.tar.gz (Size: 3,44 KB / Downloads: 435)
(02-13-2016, 01:55 AM)Gumbo Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I have added the new rpmfusion package to the top of this thread. Sorry for the delay and the headaches for anyone trying to build it - and thanks especially  to Gregory for having to sort them out.

Gregory - is it possible to add a tarball of the 1.4.x branch to the pcsx2.net source download page? I think I *might* need this for rpmfusion to accept the new package - although I'm trying to commit nevertheless

More generally to anyone reading - the delay in producing the package is a bit indicative of the state of life at the moment, my life has changed for the busier over the past couple of years and I'm probably not the best person to be maintaining the Fedora package. If somebody would be interested in taking over, I will help you as much as possible with building for rpmfusion and so on (although I'm far from an expert).

Hi Gumbo,

I only want to say thank you for your work.
I've spent weeks to get the new version working under fedora and now with your package it is working.

really, thank you
Smile
(02-13-2016, 12:23 PM)mernst Wrote: Hi Gumbo,

I only want to say thank you for your work.
I've spent weeks to get the new version working under fedora and now with your package it is working.

really, thank you
Smile

I'm glad it works, sorry it's taken awhile Smile
(02-13-2016, 01:55 AM)Gumbo Wrote: Gregory - is it possible to add a tarball of the 1.4.x branch to the pcsx2.net source download page? I think I *might* need this for rpmfusion to accept the new package - although I'm trying to commit nevertheless
You mean the 1.4 on this page Wink
http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/source-code.html
(02-13-2016, 04:33 PM)gregory Wrote: You mean the 1.4 on this page Wink
http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/source-code.html

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Is it possible for this to be a tarball rather than a zip?
Why? unzip isn't free?