PCSX2 for me?
I have actually two questions.

1st What are BASIC SPECIFICATIONS (least ones) for PCSX2 to run on a PC?

2nd Will it run on my PC?
SPECIFICATIONS:
PLATFORM: Windows XP VERSION 2002
PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium III 745MHz
RAM: 512 MB
SERVICE PACK 2
GRAPHICS ADAPTER MEMORY SIZE: 32MB

Will these let me run God of War II on my PC ? ? ?

Sponsored links

you can check this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Will-PCSX...y-computer. Also God of War II, no way man. Besides not even 2D games will run on your PC.
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
First off, you will get nothing without Pixel Shader 2.0. Don't expect that unless your graphics card has 128mb or more. That's not even saying a 128mb will even provide playability. I've only seen as low as 256mb succeed. Try not to forget that v-ram isn't the only thing about a GPU that matters, but a good rule of thumb for those who aren't that "tech savvy".

Also, that's processor is far to slow. Quite far. From what I've seen, don't expect to play games unless you have 2.0Ghz+ with 2 threads/cores. The closer you get to 3.0Ghz, the more demanding the games you can play. More demanding games like God of War 2 would be too slow (for most) until you get to 3.0Ghz or more. Of course, this may also vary wether you have/get a Dual Core, Core Duo or Core 2 Duo (in that order).

I think you need a new PC for this. Your specs are from, like, a decade ago. No offense.
(03-19-2010, 05:42 AM)Rezard Wrote: First off, you will get nothing without Pixel Shader 2.0. Don't expect that unless your graphics card has 128mb or more. That's not even saying a 128mb will even provide playability. I've only seen as low as 256mb succeed. Try not to forget that v-ram isn't the only thing about a GPU that matters, but a good rule of thumb for those who aren't that "tech savvy".

Also, that's processor is far to slow. Quite far. From what I've seen, don't expect to play games unless you have 2.0Ghz+ with 2 threads/cores. The closer you get to 3.0Ghz, the more demanding the games you can play. More demanding games like God of War 2 would be too slow (for most) until you get to 3.0Ghz or more. Of course, this may also vary wether you have/get a Dual Core, Core Duo or Core 2 Duo (in that order).

I think you need a new PC for this. Your specs are from, like, a decade ago. No offense.

Since the topic is Pcsx2, i suggest u buy a new rig,with budget around $500++
Get a desktop if u want to experience great ps2 gaming experience. The answer for your topic is NO . Pcsx2 will be playable with great gaming experience if u have:
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz ++ (E8400 perhaps)
1GB for Windows XP and 2 GB for Vista/7
Great GPU with 1GB (get a dedicated one, eg. NVidia GeForce GTX 280) http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_gef...80_us.html
HD sound
Good CPU cooler

maybe that's all, sorry if i missed some points and offtopic. (i'm just giving solution for his prob,hopefully not)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
and, to be clearer, pcsx2 won't even boot.

You need at least a cpu that can Handle SSE2, which a pentium III can't do at all
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go