Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2 in AMD
Hello! I just need your help. I am going to build a budget computer but I dont know if an AMD Sempron 140 is enough for running PCSX2. The rig will have;
1Gb DDR2 Memory
1Gb 9500GT
mobo will be Asrock N68C-S ucc
i picked this mobo so I can use it to unlock core of Amd sempron 140 then maybe overclocked it.
What do you think about the rig?
Hoping for your positive response.

Sponsored links

It will not be enough.
Settle for at least an athlon II X2.
Unlike what a lot of people believe, most can't be unlocked or will run unstable and a single core cpu is too weak for pcsx2.
[Image: 1454055.png]
It's enough to run the emulator but some games won't run full speed.
At some ~3.5Ghz and with the second CPU core unlocked it's a nice budget choice though.
(10-24-2010, 05:57 PM)rama Wrote: It's enough to run the emulator but some games won't run full speed.
At some ~3.5Ghz and with the second CPU core unlocked it's a nice budget choice though.

If it can be unlocked stabily that is.
The question is, is OP willing to risk it?
Yea Tongue2
Well, i can take the risk if i have a great cpu cooler. Lol. Once the 2nd core of sempron 140 is unlock, it will be an Athlon II X2 right? And thats a dual core.
Well, i can take the risk if i have a great cpu cooler. Lol. Once the 2nd core of sempron 140 is unlock, it will be an Athlon II X2 right? And thats a dual core.
Unstable isn't the same as overheating.
How will i know if its unstable?.. The mobo has some great feature for overclocking and unlocking core, so i dont know about it being unstable..
You will know when it hangs/crashes a lot or gives fluctuations in performance or in the worst case, not boot at all.
Ohh.. Okay.. But if i overclocked it to 3.20Ghz do you think i can play pcsx2 at maybe 40fps? And will there be a performance change in pcsx2 if I make it 2Gb memory?