PCSX2 in stereoscopic 3D
(04-18-2013, 04:53 PM)KrossX Wrote: You create the views in the same way iz3D and the like do, messing with the rendered scene as soundstorm has said (you saved me lots of keystrokes Tongue2 ). The patch certainly looks like it's doing the work, and my quick look at the patch seems to confirm it. It's a LOT of work, and nice work at that.

Try it, then complain, otherwise go make another thread about how S3D is a gimmick, about how anaglyph ain't S3D or about what makes S3D propa' S3D.

#EDIT: While we're at it, Tridef does have a method for creating S3D from a mono source using the depth buffer. Wouldn't have the same quality, but I guess it might be lighter on resources. The method however, is listed as a way to avoid problems with post processings and shadows (like in the Unreal engine).

As stated, possible it is even if not the real thing, it happens with spacial sound from long time now. Just than visual impressions on the brain are lot more complex and potentially dazzling and headache prone if not done correctly. On the other hand there are those who will love it for that same reason Smile

That's the only thing I have against non deeply studied attempts on such approaches.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

I think we are all on the same page... Biggrin

We love real 3DS. We hate "fake/impure" 3DS as is this depth buffer from Tridef, or the depth mapping in Crysis 2 or postproductioned 3D movies. It's just not the real thing (proper doubleview)... Closedeyes
And indeed, everything but the real thing could produce headache. But so can real 3DS with excessive seperation. Or alcohol. More so in combination. Laugh
Let'shope PCSX2 get's the real thing one day... would be sooo nice. This new patch seems to be a big leap in progress....
(04-18-2013, 05:40 PM)soundstorm Wrote: I think we are all on the same page... Biggrin

We love real 3DS. We hate "fake/impure" 3DS as is this depth buffer from Tridef, or the depth mapping in Crysis 2 or postproductioned 3D movies. It's just not the real thing (proper doubleview)... Closedeyes
And indeed, everything but the real thing could produce headache. But so can real 3DS with excessive seperation. Or alcohol. More so in combination. Laugh
Let'shope PCSX2 get's the real thing one day... would be sooo nice. This new patch seems to be a big leap in progress....

PCSX2 can't, unless the PS2 games are remade (and probably PS2 also), but... that's a possibility, who knows?

Most probably the industry will be moving to get it on new products.

Edit: On the other hand the technology and intelligent filters may be developed to get near reality experience from plain sources also, the time will say.
(04-18-2013, 05:49 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: PCSX2 can't...

damn. could you make that thread invisible? i seriously feel threatened as a coder here. i know i could possibly do a good and rather 'fast' dx10/11 path. Laugh

it's just so 'much' work. *rantmode* i'd have to get into writing r5900 asm again to get all kinda generic cases for testing it. i only have 1 game to play with and this' no good. i seriously don't feel like doing that. Ninja
(04-18-2013, 10:55 PM)xstyla Wrote: damn. could you make that thread invisible? i seriously feel threatened as a coder here. i know i could possibly do a good and rather 'fast' dx10/11 path. Laugh

it's just so 'much' work. *rantmode* i'd have to get into writing r5900 asm again to get all kinda generic cases for testing it. i only have 1 game to play with and this' no good. i seriously don't feel like doing that. Ninja

No need, I quit it. what I said I keep, PCSX2 "can't" produce actual 3D, least yet stereoscopic 3D as in the title because it involves the source being done in "stereo".

Other than this was agreed that the effect could be simulated, at some point even in a less randomical way by the event of intelligent filters.

Till this happening, I'm out so not to harm the thread.
Ah.. I can't let that stand as last post.Closedeyes

The PS2 (and every other 3D console) has the necessary "source content" for S3D, namely games made with 3D objects in a 3D space. That's enough for S3D, nothing more needed from "the source". The content is there. Nothing more to say.
(04-19-2013, 01:28 PM)soundstorm Wrote: Ah.. I can't let that stand as last post.Closedeyes

The PS2 (and every other 3D console) has the necessary "source content" for S3D, namely games made with 3D objects in a 3D space. That's enough for S3D, nothing more needed from "the source". The content is there. Nothing more to say.

If thats the case, then why do most ps3 games lack 3D support? By your logic, the sorce is all there...
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-19-2013, 01:41 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: If thats the case, then why do most ps3 games lack 3D support? By your logic, the sorce is all there...

The fact that most of the PS3 games lack S3D support is NOT the fault of the content of the games itself. They just lack the code for a shifted 2. cam and the menu options, but the cars and trees and landscapes and rockets and monsters are already in 3D. They are 3-dimensional objects, which you can look at from above, under, side.. No need to change something (except maybe some shaders which don't work in S3D, i give you that. But in general, the content is there.)
How I like to repeat myself... Tongue

The PS3 does not have enough horse-power to output a good-looking game in stereo, because that means more computing must be done, which the PS3 simply doesn't have. Heck, even most games are only in 720p, not in 1080p. Unfortunatly, 3D is still just a niche market, so the support by the game developers is low...they prefer a more beautiful game with more effects, than to cut down the effects and stuff just to be able to support 3D, which only a small percentage of people use= less sales. But again, the problem is not the content/the games.

Did you try once a game level editor or something like that? 3dsmax? You can place as many cams as you want.. it is harder to do at driver level as 3D Vision and CO I guess. It would be easier by doing it in the game engine. But nevertheless its possible as 3D Vision and Dolphin shows. On the content side, nothing needs to change...
I don't understand why any of you want this cheap gimmick anyway.

Idiot: "OMG 3D!!!"
Someone with a brain: "but the game still sucks. Why would you want it?"
Idiot: "3D"

3D or any other gimmick will not make the game better. If you guys really want it just so you can get a head ache while playing PCSX2 then more power to you I guess.
Oh, it does make the game better. I see, you never tried it then... Rolleyes
But ok, a bad game stays bad, but at least you can enjoy the art content more. Cool Do you know the expression "content tourist"? I saw that once in a game for the "EASY" mode.. can't rember which one. Loved it. Rolleyes

But you're right. Having 2 eyes/2 perspectives and seeing therefore the world in 3D is a gimmick. We should just all walk around like the pirates in Monkey Island... one-eyed.. Laugh
Idiot. I'm impressed by the hate a technology or their fans can get... Wow...

And in what way does Wipeout suck? Or Metal Gear? Or Twisted Metal?