PCSX2 is freezing at a certain point in Final Fantasy 10
Hi there

For those who might know, when Yuna speaks outside of the temple where she gets Ixion, it just freezes, i increased my page file as windows was giving me memory errors but it hasn't done anything, i've tried playing this part 3 times.

The rest of the game has been working fine with the usual freezing every so often for a few seconds but meh if anyone knows what i can do to make it run smoother please let me know

But yeah anyway i want to play the game but it just keeps freezing at that point Wacko

Any solutions would be mint, seeing i've played for 16 hours and would suck just having to stop becuase it doesn't work.

What happens if that the screen just freezes on that frame (in window mode) and then a few random colours appear then my whole screen goes black then it goes back to window mode and says PCSX2.exe isn't working properly then i get some windows errory recovery in my taskbar

Sponsored links

16hrs straight? restart your pc that should clear the memory.
(03-20-2009, 08:54 PM)Saiki Wrote: 16hrs straight? restart your pc that should clear the memory.

i mean i've played the game for 16 hours and if i can progress through the game anymore due to some bug or some broken thing in PCSX2 then i've wasted some time ;p

What happens if that the screen just freezes on that frame (in window mode) and then a few random colours appear then my whole screen goes black then it goes back to window mode and says PCSX2.exe isn't working properly then i get some windows errory recovery in my taskbar
I'm having the same problem at the same place. I've had no issues with crashing only slowdown. As soon as I leave the temple it plays a little bit of dialog then freezes. I've tried everything. I'm now trying to load a savegame just after that point. Unfortunately I spent alot of extra time building levels so I'll probably lose that but I did find quite a few hacks for save games online that hopefully will help.

Hopefully we'll find a way to play through this awesome game.
thanks for reporting this problem
You've tried different round and clamp modes? That will sometimes fix hangs or scene changes.
If nothing works I would try a different version of plugins and pcsx2 to try and locate a stable revision in-case this happens to be a regression of sorts.
Ninja
(03-21-2009, 09:05 AM)josegarcia09 Wrote: I'm having the same problem at the same place. I've had no issues with crashing only slowdown. As soon as I leave the temple it plays a little bit of dialog then freezes. I've tried everything. I'm now trying to load a savegame just after that point. Unfortunately I spent alot of extra time building levels so I'll probably lose that but I did find quite a few hacks for save games online that hopefully will help.
Hopefully we'll find a way to play through this awesome game.
thanks for reporting this problem

UPDATE!! I downloaded a different version of FFX, downloaded the save games from gamefaqs.com (final_fantasy_x_j.cbs and final_fantasy_x_k.cbs), and used mymc (a PS2 Memory Card Image Utility) to load the savegames onto the memory card. The first version of FFX couldn't find these new savegames but the second version did(the second version didn't recognize the first savegames). I thought I would have to sit for hours again building levels but the bonus was everything was maxed out saving me many hours. I really didn't want to cheat but in this case I'll take it. I didn't try the djose temple to see if the problem still exists(but I'm going to check in a few min) but the next mission is the second savegame (final_fantasy_x_k.cbs). Hopefully there won't be any other problems.
*removed*

Hope this helps.
This forum doesn't support piracy. So don't give out information regarding illegal activity please.
Ninja
We do not support piracy here and will not tolerate it either. I'll leave the thread open since it wasn't the thread starter but if the piracy talk continues I will close it. josegarcia09 you earned yourself a warning
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Most likely they just had the same corrupt iso downloaded...
I have a different copy of Final Fantasy 10 but now its not recognising my memory cards Wacko didn't realise that had something to do with the game?

Would be great if someone guide me in getting my memory card files to be recognised!