PCSX2 is minimizing main window along with the game window
I don't know if you can call this a bug but it's there since forever and it always annoy me.

While playing some game and switch to the main window(to go to some of options)if you minimize the main window after that(which I always do by some kind of reflex Tongue2 ),pcsx2 also minimizes the game window along with the main window.

The same thing happens if you click twice on the taskbar button for the main window.

I was wondering if this will ever be fixed.

Sponsored links

so, do you want the game window to not be minimized at those instances ? I guess that would be feasible, I'll try looking at it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yes,that's definitely what I want...it's so annoying when the game window is minimized along with the main window(it's even more annoying when I constantly switch between windows while making cheats)
I'll add this on my To-do list, Thanks for the report. though the automatic minimizing of game window isn't much of a trouble in my opinion Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Any update on this?
Extremely sorry, I haven't looked at this thread for months. I'll get to it ASAP !
- Refraction
Fixed it , I added the commit to one of my PR which has a commit for a lilypad fix. didn't want to spam git with tons of PR's Tongue2

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/781

PS: also next time please send a PR to inform about any stuffs, I don't usually roam around every support threads. Tongue2
- Refraction
(08-21-2015, 10:10 AM)ssakash Wrote: PS: also next time please send a PR to inform about any stuffs, I don't usually roam around every support threads. Tongue2
No problem,I don't use pcsx2 very often but this problem was really annoying and it will finally be fixed when\if the commit is merged(I waiting for the buildbot to compile it)
Thanks.

Also there is feature that I would really want to have but for now the only way is to use Linuzappz ISO.
I want to have the ability pcsx2 to always ask me which game to load,not load a game from the ISO Selector(I never liked that pcsx2 places there literally everything you try to run and you have to manually remove the not working\needed items).
I can get this behavior with the buildin Iso loader but I have to set the PCSX2_vm.ini as read-only but this creates tons of "junk" files every time pcsx2 try do save settings
I guess this can go to solved now(there are still some small problems related to the problem but the important thing is that the game window is not minimized when you minimize the main window)

Btw what do you think about the above feature...is it possible?
I'm very very late to this topic, but I've had the same annoying issue too. I go to minimize the console or other Window that isn't the render one, and the whole thing goes down. I hate that, can't wait to see this gone in the new release.