PCSX2 just not working
being a primary Linux user, i got super depressed when I found that my brand new shiny PS3 isn't compatible with ANY of my PS2 games, however, finding that you have a Linux build completely obliterated that. However the result was a game that is listed as "playable" but really isn't with the linux version. Im lucky if i get MAYBE 4 FPS. So giving in to this horror, i switched over to Windows 7 and downloaded the installer. wtf? none of the settings save. ever. changing the bios directory reset all the settings the second the directory changed. the game runs. i think. i get two screens telling me that it cant load the memory cards (because they didn't come with the installer, had to copy them from your Linux version) and then the emulator tells me that there is no memory card etc. do you want to continue. even though i spent 20 mins configuring the controller (lilly pad) the controlls simply do not work. my PS2 controllers do not work anymore so thats not an option. i cant choose yes or no. none of the buttons on my keyboard do anything and my dualshock 3 controller doesnt seem compatitble. (even though its listed as a connected controller) this doesnt work either. ok fine. there are still the binary's. Holy cow! they work! well almost... the configurations save themselves so i dont have to spend 20 mins doing it every single time the program runs. AWESOME. and it came with memory card files. very nice. however running the program with the CD or an ISO of the CD (that i made myself, with my own CD) renders the same result. A black box that gives the promise of working and then simply fails to start. the black box where im guessing would be the game will stay there for over an hour until i close it. changing the graphics plugin had no effect.

I realize that this turned into a rant but this consumed well over 3 full days while im trying to get it to work but i apologize all the same. But can someone PLEASE help me get this working on any platform??

Many many thanks! ^.^
~C7vxz8

Hpdv6700t: Core 2 duo T8300 2.40 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Nvidia 8600 GTS, 500 GB Western Digital HDD

Sponsored links

For Windows 7, the installer works just fine as long as you right click the emulator EXE and select "Run as Administrator" every time you go to start it, or disbale UAC. This will allow the emulator to save it's stuff.

Also, grab the latest drivers, as well as the latest DirectX from the Microsoft web updater.

How are you running the CD ISO? Making an image with something like imageburn and then using the Linuz plugin to run the ISO directly?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Yep, running as admin will solve most of those problems. It all has to do with permissions; programs aren't allowed by default to write to the Program Files directory when UAC is turned on. Either do as above, and right click the PCSX2 icon and select Run as Admin, or if you don't want to do that all the time, just right click > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Tick "Run this program as administrator" > Apply.

Also, use paragraphs. No one likes a huge wall of text Wacko
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Quote:I realize that this turned into a rant but this consumed well over 3 full days while im trying to get it to work but i apologize all the same. But can someone PLEASE help me get this working on any platform??
Usually, if you have 4 fps on linux, you'v got this 4-10 fps on Windows. But there is a few games, that much quicker with GSDX, and a bunch, that does not run on linux. What game do you trying to run?
(10-15-2009, 05:03 PM)C7vxz8 Wrote: being a primary Linux user, i got super depressed when I found that my brand new shiny PS3 isn't compatible with ANY of my PS2 games, however, finding that you have a Linux build completely obliterated that. However the result was a game that is listed as "playable" but really isn't with the linux version. Im lucky if i get MAYBE 4 FPS. So giving in to this horror, i switched over to Windows 7 and downloaded the installer. wtf? none of the settings save. ever. changing the bios directory reset all the settings the second the directory changed. the game runs. i think. i get two screens telling me that it cant load the memory cards (because they didn't come with the installer, had to copy them from your Linux version) and then the emulator tells me that there is no memory card etc. do you want to continue. even though i spent 20 mins configuring the controller (lilly pad) the controlls simply do not work. my PS2 controllers do not work anymore so thats not an option. i cant choose yes or no. none of the buttons on my keyboard do anything and my dualshock 3 controller doesnt seem compatitble. (even though its listed as a connected controller) this doesnt work either. ok fine. there are still the binary's. Holy cow! they work! well almost... the configurations save themselves so i dont have to spend 20 mins doing it every single time the program runs. AWESOME. and it came with memory card files. very nice. however running the program with the CD or an ISO of the CD (that i made myself, with my own CD) renders the same result. A black box that gives the promise of working and then simply fails to start. the black box where im guessing would be the game will stay there for over an hour until i close it. changing the graphics plugin had no effect.

I realize that this turned into a rant but this consumed well over 3 full days while im trying to get it to work but i apologize all the same. But can someone PLEASE help me get this working on any platform??

Many many thanks! ^.^
~C7vxz8

Hpdv6700t: Core 2 duo T8300 2.40 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Nvidia 8600 GTS, 500 GB Western Digital HDD

So let me get this straight. In all 3 days you've been trying to fix it, the thought of READING THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS didn't occur to you? That would instantly solve your not saving problem.

You didn't mention the game you are trying, what plugins you are using. But I'll guess you haven't updated your DirectX even though both installer and binary entries in our download section told you to do so.
[Image: newsig.jpg]