PCSX2 keeps freezing then resuming
Don't know what your PC is, but if it's an i7 this could help:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-i7-720qm-...-quad-core
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Well screenshot doesn't say much, except that if your eyes got tired of blur, you could probably change interlace to Blend tffWink.

Heh that problem is surely no pcsx2 nor the game issue.

That other topic conclusion was probably right and this most likely is some turbo boost issue. I doubt it's temperature.
I lack concrete knowledge about it, but isn't turbo boost speed based on amount of cores in use? Can you try using "msconfig" to set windows to use only 2 cores?(it's in second tab under advanced, you can run msconfig just typing it in command line, change it to use only 2 cores and restart saving those settings) If it helps, then well have a nice playingOhmy, but it's rather heavy quess and I doubt it actually helps.
tried his method Sad
didnt help and the FPS really sucked too....
oh well guess i have to deal with random spikes
oh and dont worry it only blurs when it spikes Sad
really sucks though Sad
hope theres a patch @ 0.9.9 or something bout this!
Still looks like some background app is stealing resources, try to find out which one with either the Task Manager or the Resource Monitor. Should be easy to find if it spikes CPU resources every minute.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-16-2011, 10:02 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Still looks like some background app is stealing resources, try to find out which one with either the Task Manager or the Resource Monitor. Should be easy to find if it spikes CPU resources every minute.

ill keep checking it out shadow lady~
i find it funny that both of us (the girl in the other fourm) have the same CPU and both have the same problem.
Heh fps sucked all the time with 2 cores then yeah could be other program running. But I can't really imagine what could eat over half of this quad processing power without you noticing.

If everything else fails maybe check if your laptop model doesn't have any critical bios update, maybe if it's same model like in other thread that's the case. Had only one critical update - on my old dell laptop, althrough updating everything was one of the first things I did soo I never had any issue.
(07-16-2011, 10:58 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Heh fps sucked all the time with 2 cores then yeah could be other program running. But I can't really imagine what could eat over half of this quad processing power without you noticing.

If everything else fails maybe check if your laptop model doesn't have any critical bios update, maybe if it's same model like in other thread that's the case. Had only one critical update - on my old dell laptop, althrough updating everything was one of the first things I did soo I never had any issue.

i looked and there was no updates what so ever Sad
think its a laptop problem?
should i call dell about it...?...
i really dont know what to do!
I dunno, but I read something on some google result about your laptop:
Code:
when it hit 78C, it would downclock to the minimum for 8 seconds until it was at 73C
soo maybe it's just simply overheats =_=;

To be more exact it wasn't cpu throttling but GPU in that case I found - 460M, maybe check GPU-Z for temps and gpu clock and try to see what happens when you get a slowdown.
Here's that post, guess by looking at the number of pages in that topic, this model has quite a bit problems with this...;P
http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienwar...ost7494189
(07-16-2011, 02:04 PM)miseru99 Wrote: I dunno, but I read something on some google result about your laptop:
Code:
when it hit 78C, it would downclock to the minimum for 8 seconds until it was at 73C
soo maybe it's just simply overheats =_=;

To be more exact it wasn't cpu throttling but GPU in that case I found - 460M, maybe check GPU-Z for temps and gpu clock and try to see what happens when you get a slowdown.
Here's that post, guess by looking at the number of pages in that topic, this model has quite a bit problems with this...;P
http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienwar...ost7494189

checked Sad
my graphics is gt555m
and the temps dont really barely reach 70 so i dont think its that hot...right?
Can you please post your PC specs, and Chances are it's not the program but something regarding windows.

You say "70c" ain't that hot yet, but for a laptop to reach that level is quite different than a desktop.

[Image: 2555882.png]