PCSX2 low perfomance
Greetings from cold Russia! I have PCSX2 0.9.8 r4600 installed.
My config is AMD Phenom II X6, Radeon HD6850, 8Gb ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate.
When i choose GS plugin i can only pick sse2 up. It's written that my system doesn't support sse3 and sse4. How that can be?!
In god of war 2 EE is 100%. CPU is loaded at 30%. But the framerate is lower than 30 fps. The game runs very slow.
What can i do to enable sse3 and 4, and make game run faster.
Help me with father's advice, or show where i can read about it.
P.S.: Already installed the latest video drivers and DX, tried different options and speedhacks.

Sponsored links

Quote:It's written that my system doesn't support ssse3 and sse4. How that can be?!

because it doesn't, phenom supports the following instruction sets.

MMX, Extended 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a

Quote: What can i do to enable sse3 and 4, and make game run faster.

Buy a Bulldozer FX processor or replace the entire kit with Nahalem or higher Core i processor.
(04-10-2012, 03:56 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: because it doesn't, phenom supports the following instruction sets.

MMX, Extended 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a

Buy a Bulldozer FX processor or replace the entire kit with Nahalem or higher Core i processor.
Well, it seems to me, that you've mentioned sse3. So my processor does support it, but plugin says "no".
CPU is loaded at 30%. Maximum 35%! It's barely loaded for 1/3. Buying new cpu is not an option, phenom II is not that old)
put your glasses on

GSdx32-SSSE3.dll
instruction set won't do much difference on pcsx2.
for GOW series, however you can get some obvious speed up by playing around VU cycle stealing hack, and EE hack as well
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.

already told you countless times, this is no longer the case.
It's an automatic tool we use so we don't type it all over. I guess it's time to update it now Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Would you do that please, bosit Tongue2
I've done it already.
[Image: newsig.jpg]