PCSX2 not loading
First off, I love this program and I have had it running in the past. However, I had to do a reinstall of Windows XP recently and I was sure that I had everything ready. I installed the full program, left everything checked so it put in all that's necessary, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. When I look under processes, the exe is listed, but there's no CPU usage and the memory usage is only around 4000. I waited and waited for twenty minutes, but no gui or program ever appeared and nothing changed in the CPU usage for the exe. I had to cancel the process to make it go away.

Is there something else I'm missing? I have the latest directx and video card drivers, all or almost all net framework, and SP3. Is there something else I should be looking at?

Sponsored links

we have the same OS, maybe you missed this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=5555
Thanks. The program had installed it, but I reinstalled it just in case, but it still doesn't seem to load.
what version of PCSX2 are you using, and where did you get it?
(06-26-2012, 08:01 PM)DaemonDarqueGS Wrote: Thanks. The program had installed it, but I reinstalled it just in case, but it still doesn't seem to load.

Well.. You could try to use this third party software
This software is called vulcan cleaner it is a freeware
[Image: iblgasaj2CbBu3.png]
Link: http://www.vulcantools.net/?mod=freetool...%20Cleaner
Just install it and then run the program and press "Clean your computer" then restart, see if pcsx2 is loading after restart.
(06-26-2012, 08:08 PM)jinkazama2k7 Wrote: Well.. You could try to use this third party software
This software is called vulcan cleaner it is a freeware
[Image: iblgasaj2CbBu3.png]
Link: http://www.vulcantools.net/?mod=freetools&tool=Computer%20Cleaner
Just install it and then run the program and press "Clean your computer" then restart, see if pcsx2 is loading after restart.

spyware/etc won't cause PCSX2 to not load
I don't know if it matters, but if I click pcsx2 multiple times I'll have multiple running instances in my processes.

I also had saved all my settings from my previous installation in a backup, but I removed them in case it was pulling something from them and still nothing. I also installed it in a completely separate place as well, but still nothing. I tried temporarily disabling my firewall and virus scanner, nada. I just don't see why it's not running. It ran before just fine.

Also tried doing the web installer in case that meant it might grab something newer that I might need, but no results there either.

EDIT: Interestingly enough when I opened dxdiag, it has an error with DirectDraw and an error. If I say to skip over it, dxdiag works fine; if I say to test it or whatever it's doing, it will crash dxdiag. Which is weird when DxDiag says immediately after that there are no problems found in DirectDraw.
(06-26-2012, 08:06 PM)Saiki Wrote: what version of PCSX2 are you using, and where did you get it?

And since I missed this post, I'm using the latest version and I got it from PCSX2's website.
Okay, well I'm completely stumped. For lack of anything better to do, I shut down the machine (some windows updates needed to install) and suddenly dxdiag is happy as a clam, no errors, and pcsx2 loaded peachy. I have no idea what it was: whether it was an outdated directx, it needed to be shut down, or there was an update for directx waiting in the wings to apply, but it appears as if it's fixed.

Thank you for the suggestions, though!!
Yeah probably gazillions of windows update which had to be applied Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]