PCSX2 not utilizing full potential.
Ok what about task manager, does it say what is using your CPU? It could be an external program hogging your cpu
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(07-03-2015, 11:03 AM)refraction Wrote: Ok what about task manager, does it say what is using your CPU? It could be an external program hogging your cpu

Nothing is using up more than 3% of my CPU other than PCSX2. I "think" I figure out why...Not quite sure how to solve it though. My CPU is clocked to 2.79Ghz for some reason. Even when playing Witcher 3, it still stays 2.79Ghz and did not boost.
It only boosts when less cores are in use. It could be youll get better performance on PCSX2 with MTVU turned off in that case. Or your turbo is off Tongue

(07-03-2015, 11:29 AM)refraction Wrote: It only boosts when less cores are in use. It could be youll get better performance on PCSX2 with MTVU turned off in that case. Or your turbo is off Tongue

Tried turning MTVU off and on. It did not made any difference for me. Enabling Intel SideStep has boost up my CPU speed to over 3.5Ghz now though. But PCSX2 still isn't utilizing it.
I think you have an issue outside of PCSX2 causing the emulator not to run at its full speed, unless the FPS is locked at 50/60, it will be trying as hard as it can to go as fast as it can with the resources available.

what FPS are you getting?

(07-03-2015, 11:48 AM)refraction Wrote: I think you have an issue outside of PCSX2 causing the emulator not to run at its full speed, unless the FPS is locked at 50/60, it will be trying as hard as it can to go as fast as it can with the resources available.

what FPS are you getting?

I'm actually getting around 57 to 60 fps. It might be locked..Tried disabling framerate limiter..Everything went extra ordinary fast. Ohmy
you're getting full speed, then ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Soooo, the problem is? Tongue

(07-03-2015, 11:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you're getting full speed, then ?

It's more like fast forward instead of full speed.. Mellow
lower VU cycling speed hack ? Tongue (And enable frame limiter)