PCSX2 not utilizing full potential.
keep the frame limiter on and be happy that your cpu is so powerful you don't need to utilize it all.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(07-03-2015, 12:00 PM)refraction Wrote: keep the frame limiter on and be happy that your cpu is so powerful you don't need to utilize it all.

Alright..then my initial problem isn't fixed.. Wacko
Check your GS/EE/VU percentages when the framerate actually drops, also your cpu temp at the point the framerate drops.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If I disable Intel speedstep on my laptop it forces my i5 to run at only 800mhz so instead I have to use a software called Throttlestop to force my CPU to run at higher speeds then stock. So you may try giving it a try and since its software you can always reboot your laptop if you screw something up. I am able to force my CPU to run at 3ghz from its stock 2.5ghz speed for example otherwise my system constantly throttles all the way down to 800mhz. So I figured I would bring it up since it may help your system perform better by forcing it to keep its turbo speeds.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/b4oure
(07-03-2015, 12:30 PM)refraction Wrote: Check your GS/EE/VU percentages when the framerate actually drops, also your cpu temp at the point the framerate drops.

Took me a while in order to get a clear data. No changes occur during the frame rate drop other than the frame rate itself.

(07-03-2015, 01:11 PM)Topken Wrote: If I disable Intel speedstep on my laptop it forces my i5 to run at only 800mhz so instead I have to use a software called Throttlestop to force my CPU to run at higher speeds then stock. So you may try giving it a try and since its software you can always reboot your laptop if you screw something up. I am able to force my CPU to run at 3ghz from its stock 2.5ghz speed for example otherwise my system constantly throttles all the way down to 800mhz. So I figured I would bring it up since it may help your system perform better by forcing it to keep its turbo speeds.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/b4oure

My CPU running on 3.65Ghz+ while SpeedStep is turned on. I prefer not to push it much further than it suppose to. Thanks anyway Smile
In your GSdx screenshot, it shows you are using the half option for "Texture Filtering". Ensure that there is a checkbox next to Texture Filtering, instead of the square.

See if that makes an improvement.
(07-04-2015, 12:09 AM)planetps2 Wrote: In your GSdx screenshot, it shows you are using the half option for "Texture Filtering". Ensure that there is a checkbox next to Texture Filtering, instead of the square.

See if that makes an improvement.

Already tried that, no difference. I might have left out a small detail. Not sure if it would make any difference. But the audio crackles during the frame rate drop.
(07-03-2015, 02:27 PM)trishen Wrote: Took me a while in order to get a clear data. No changes occur during the frame rate drop other than the frame rate itself.

My CPU running on 3.65Ghz+ while SpeedStep is turned on. I prefer not to push it much further than it suppose to. Thanks anyway Smile

Thats the beauty of throttle stop you can set the multiplier to what you want and run the System at pretty much and speed between 800 and whatever your max turbo boost is. Meaning you can fine tune the speeds to keep the heat down while still getting a boost of speed for intinsive tasks like PCSX2 for example I tun my CPU at 1.3ghz while on battery to help with battery life when I am just doing basic stuff like browsing the web and when I am gaming I give the CPU all the speed it needs.
From the power options(windows options in the control panel)while SpeedStep is enabled,you can configure at what speed the cpu to run(no need for external software)

Minimum processor state - set the minimum speed(if you set it to 100%,the cpu will run at max speed without the turbo boost and activate it when needed)
Maximum processor state - set the maximum speed(I don't like how some emulators force max speed even if 800MHz is enough so I limit it from there to reduce the psu usage and temp)

Btw what HW hacks are you using(I see that the option is enabled in GSdx)
Try disabling speedhacks altogether. The only one I find useful is mtvu, all the others that are checked by default actually causes slowdowns for me.