PCSX2 not working at all on windows 8.1
Hi,

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit.
I have downloaded the latest PCSX2 version and installed it.

when I double click the icon, nothing happens!
No windows appear, no error message, nothing at all!

I tried to:
- Open as administrator
- Change compatibility settings to every windows version
- Restarting
- Re installing while changing the compatibility of the installing file it self.
- install older versions.

Nothing worked, I have been looking for a similar problem on the web for days but found nothing.

What could it be and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

you may need to redownload it, I have no issues with it myself. and I am on 8.1 pro x64 as well.

Post your pc specs please?
processor Intel core i-5 2400
8 gigs ddr3 ram
Graphic card gtx 770

That's actually weird, I tried your solution but it did not workGlare
Try installing in a new and clean directory (outside any Windows controlled folder), create a plain txt file under the PCSX2 root directory (the same where the executable is) and rename it to "portable.ini" (without the quotes).

That should grant PCSX2 will not try to use any previous configuration which could be compromised.

If the program is installed outside Windows protected folder (which includes the dreaded C:\Program Files, the Documents folder and so on) you don't need and should not run it as administrator, besides you don't need compatibility mode for PCSX2.
Imagination is where we are truly real
The bet I have is that your user is not english (spanish, french, etc) and contains something that pcsx2 cannot get to. so try putting it in C:\pcsx2\ and see if the same issue occurs?

@nosisab Ken Keleh: if the user is not in a character set pcsx2 can handle it will not load user settings either. which will cause this issue as well. and PCSX2 GENERATES those files there
(06-12-2014, 07:01 PM)Saiki Wrote: The bet I have is that your user is not english (spanish, french, etc) and contains something that pcsx2 cannot get to. so try putting it in C:\pcsx2\ and see if the same issue occurs?
correct.
the user is spotted in Saudi Arabia.
@OP : delete pcsx2\lang\ar and it should be fine
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-12-2014, 07:01 PM)Saiki Wrote: The bet I have is that your user is not english (spanish, french, etc) and contains something that pcsx2 cannot get to. so try putting it in C:\pcsx2\ and see if the same issue occurs?

@nosisab Ken Keleh: if the user is not in a character set pcsx2 can handle it will not load user settings either. which will cause this issue as well. and PCSX2 GENERATES those files there

Quote:correct.
the user is spotted in Saudi Arabia.
@OP : delete pcsx2\lang\ar and it should be fine

That is the correct! When I deleted the ar folder it worked like magic!

Thanks guys , that was really helpful
Hello,

Could you try to restore the ar directory but replace the pcsx2_main.mo file by the one attached. Tell me if it is working better.

Thanks.