PCSX2 not working on both my old and New pc, please help
(10-11-2010, 06:33 PM)sakagami Wrote: well anyway just got a new pc, wich isnt completely new but its in new state from 2006 and the specs should be more than enough to handle pcsx2,

here are my computer specs:

Packard Bell NEC
processor: x86 Family Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel 2793Mhz
1024RAM
video: ATI Radeon Express 200, 256 RAM
windows XP service pack 3
sound: Realtek HD Audio

For reference, you're running a Pentium 4 2.8ghz and a very very subpar gpu. Even if you do fix the errors you're getting, you won't be able to run many games at a playable speed - though there are a few people who have managed 40fps+ on games like FFX with some overclocking and heavy use of speedhacks.

As for your PCSX2 crashing, follow what Rama said - make an iso image of FFX as it's the easiest game to run and load the image in PCSX2 and not daemon/alcohol/othermountingtool.

Sponsored links

hey thanks guys, i was able to make it work but like you said im not able to run alot of games on normal speed.

but with some games i can, anyway.. how do i change my settings to like faster but lower video quality? or something like that.

i cant find those options, im training a fighting game thats working pretty good but Sometimes its going slow and its a real pain because everything has strict timing.

so i rather have bad graphical quality and smoother gameplay, but where can i do this?

please, someone?
What game? On what settings? What do the EE/GS % numbers in the GS/game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64