PCSX2 on Microsoft Surface? (windows 8)
Yea I'm done.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

I'm getting a Surface Pro to use as a wacom tablet for work, it just came out last Saturday but it's currently out of stock, or I would have been the first person to upload videos of it running PCSX2, among other things like NDS games using the pen, work software like Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, etc... but I digress..

Let's look at it from the lowest common denominator here, FFX for example. If that runs at a decent speed I'll call it a success. It won't be able to run Shadow of the Colossus, it doesn't need to. Just a few select games as long as they fully work... we'll see..
(10-25-2012, 02:44 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: play dragonquest 8 or shadow of the collosus on that hd4000 then we'l talk again.

slideshow time, Even with super CPU OC/Gpu i still think those games would be slideshow.

imo Pcsx2 is not playable for anygame even at native with the surface. run sure it will run but slideshow is not playable. on cpu that made for super low wattage and heat, it will not happen, not unless we have some huge break threw on cpu's that always such low wattage to actual be good, for anything other then web browsing and video
For around the same price's Razr are about to bring out 2 tablets, the Razr Edge and Razr Edge Pro tablets, both use the Intel HD4000 along side at Geforce 640m, Would be very interesting to see how they might run pcsx2.

Edge specs; Processor: Intel Core i5 Dual core Base 1.7GHz / Turbo 2.6GHz, Memory: 4GB DDR3 (2x2GB 1600MHz), Video: Intel HD4000 + NVIDIA GT 640M LE 1gb Mem,
Display 10.1” (IPS, 1366x768)

Edge Pro Specs; Processor: Intel Core i7 Dual core Base 1.9GHz / Turbo 3.0GHz, Memory: 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB 1600MHz), Video: Intel HD4000 + NVIDIA GT 640M LE 2gb Mem,
Display 10.1” (IPS, 1366x768)

These seem pretty beasty as is their price, but I reckon they would run most PS2 games playable!
(02-12-2013, 02:17 AM)Theokan Wrote: I'm getting a Surface Pro to use as a wacom tablet for work, it just came out last Saturday but it's currently out of stock, or I would have been the first person to upload videos of it running PCSX2, among other things like NDS games using the pen, work software like Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, etc... but I digress..

Let's look at it from the lowest common denominator here, FFX for example. If that runs at a decent speed I'll call it a success. It won't be able to run Shadow of the Colossus, it doesn't need to. Just a few select games as long as they fully work... we'll see..

I look forward to that... When you do it, please report the battery life -- it is very important. From what I have heard, the Surface Pro battery life is horrible.
I don't understand why people are obsessed with forcing things to be portable. Personally I am wondering if the "Surface" (aka a stripped down laptop) will overheat or not if someone even tries running PCSX2 on it. I did a quick price check on the "Surface" and it is around $500 and up according to Google anyway. I really would not buy this until the price goes down for the price it is you could get a very nice laptop that would run much better (depending on what you get you could play PCSX2 on one).
(02-12-2013, 06:09 AM)Nope.avi Wrote: I did a quick price check on the "Surface" and it is around $500 and up according to Google anyway. I really would not buy this until the price goes down...

Sorry to say that, but the price of $500 is of the Surface RT with an ARM CPU. We're talking about the Surface Pro with an x86 Core i5-3317U, which is priced at $900 (64 GB model) and $1000 (128 GB model). If you want to wait for its price to drop below $500, I'm afraid you have to wait a couple of decades. Laugh

The 17W TDP of the 3317U makes me don't want to buy it.
Isn't that just a dual core though?
All mobile i5s are dual-core.
Sorry, but I always get confused with the i# whatever cpu's. I don't know how well it would run on a dual core though. I think that PCSX2 would fair better on a quad core.