Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PCSX2 on PS3?
I heard a rumor a while ago that someone was working on porting this to the ps3 is it true?
Sugo SG-05 300 Watt PSU
Athlon II x3 450 @3.2 Ghz
Asus M4A88T-I DELUXE
6 gigs of DDR 1066
HD 5570
Windows 7 Basic 64-bit
128 Gig SSD
64 Gig SSD

Sponsored links

(02-14-2011, 06:58 AM)bart Wrote: I heard a rumor a while ago that someone was working on porting this to the ps3 is it true?

i remember a discussion about it saying how it was unlikely i am pretty sure. I think the ps3 in theory could run it but i think it is a lot more technical then that.
CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T @ 3.2 - 3.6(turbo)
RAM: 6gb ddr3 1333
GPU: ati hd 5770 1gb gddr5
I don't know of anyone creditable porting pcsx2 to ps3.
It is a major undertaking and to get it running fast you need to rewrite huge parts of pcsx2, so its not likely anyone will do this.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Is this info wrong then? It says something about him porting pcsx2 to ps3.
Sugo SG-05 300 Watt PSU
Asus M4A88T-I DELUXE
6 gigs of DDR 1066
HD 5570
Windows 7 Basic 64-bit
128 Gig SSD
64 Gig SSD
oh yeah drk||Raziel did mention he wanted to attempt that project; but I think he forgot about or gave up on the idea.

He has ported his nullDC emulator to ps3 though as well as to Android OS.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
That is a shame if he quit working on it. Was hoping to hear from a dev what was going on with it.
Sugo SG-05 300 Watt PSU
Asus M4A88T-I DELUXE
6 gigs of DDR 1066
HD 5570
Windows 7 Basic 64-bit
128 Gig SSD
64 Gig SSD
pcsx2 on ps3 is like a dream that wont come true ( at least now )
Is PCSX2 tied to x86? Now that that we got RSX access under Linux couldn't we simply compile the Linux version for PPC? The performance would suck but its something.
huh? i havent been on here in a "WHILE" but i guess its plausible...
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
(02-15-2011, 01:26 PM)DaMan Wrote: Is PCSX2 tied to x86? Now that that we got RSX access under Linux couldn't we simply compile the Linux version for PPC? The performance would suck but its something.

Well we have RSX access, but no drivers for it, and no hardware acceleration. You could recompile it for PPC, however only for interpreter mode, since it is platform independent. The recompiler backends would all have to be rewritten. It wouldn't be a terrible undertaking, but still pretty difficult. Plus, even if it was ported over to PS3 linux, it would still run quite slow, as PCSX2 is mostly a single threaded application (for most intents and purposes). You'd have to change the threading model A LOT for it to take advantage of the SPUs, which would still be difficult.

TL;DR: possible, not plausible.