PCSX2 on Pentium M
Exclamation 
I am currecntly Using Intel Pentium 4 2.26GHz , 64Mb Graphics Card , 40GB Harddisk , 256Mb RAM For PCSX2 and My FPS in Starting Is Between 30 to 40 and in Game 15 to 20 . If i buy A Pentium M Laptop 1.8GHz , 1GB RAM , 80GB HardDisk Then of how much FPS will be effected ?? Plz answer me .
Thnx .
(Note:- This is my 1st Post here if i have broken a rule then plz tell me.)

Sponsored links

you would basically be going from bad to worse, both are bad processors, the P4's with HT ain't that bad but the one you have is one of the old ones and on top probably an AGP graphic socket so nothing is worth upgrading.

The laptop is a waste of time its a 1.8ghz single socket processor much like your P4 but with a worse clock speed.

^
^
^
a pentium laptop is very weak for pcsx2 don't get that pentium M.....try get the i3 laptop thats the lowest price for the all modern intel laptop
and addition the graphics card is almost important in emulation.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Centrino will be ok ??? Its double than Pentium 4 .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PGGeaJr98c

see this and tell me . I think it will be ok .
well...i think centrino duo or centrino 2 is possible to run it but think it's includes an Intel GMA making it still to weak to run pcsx2...i better stay w/ i3 laptops
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
iamforyouraja:
PCSX2 needs a fast machine.
It's hard to find a budget desktop configuration. Notebooks are by design even weaker.
As a rule of thumb you'll have to spend $700 for a desktop or $1300 for a notebook.
Rama speaks truth. I just got a Lenovo laptop, cost me $1200. Despite having a rather powerful Core i7 CPU and a good dedicated GPU, i still need to rely on liberal use of speedhacks to get fullspeed in a game like Kingdom Hearts 2. The games run really well, but any lesser of a machine and i'd be dealing with a lag fest. Another laptop i had with an Athlon II x2 2ghz CPU would only get about 50-70% full speed on KH2. I'm also sure there are plenty of games that won't run fullspeed on it no matter what i do (haven't tried them yet).

If you insist on getting a laptop, expect to have to pay a lot to get a really good Core i series processor. That is, if you want the ideal speed you can get on a mobile computer. I have been pleased with my computer though. IMO, it seems well worth it if you insist on getting a laptop. Just get something good and don't expect it to perform as well as a top of the line desktop.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
(10-26-2010, 12:48 AM)Granville Wrote: I just got a Lenovo laptop, cost me $1200. Despite having a rather powerful Core i7 CPU and a good dedicated GPU, i still need to rely on liberal use of speedhacks to get fullspeed in a game like Kingdom Hearts 2.

Off topic but was it the dual core 620-640M or one of the quad QMs?
<REDACTED>
It's a quad core, i7 740qm. And yes i realize that pcsx2 only uses 2 cores. It turbo boosts around 2.4-2.6ghz, despite the initial lower clock speed of only 1.73ghz. I actually get pretty darn good speed in games i've tested. Some stressful games lag a bit, but nothing really major. Granted, some of the games i've tried lag even on the fastest computers apparently (Ratchet and Clank). Architecture is what helps here apparently, because it actually far outclasses my desktop's Athlon II x2 3ghz CPU, despite it having higher clock speed.

I've tried pcsx2 on a Pentium 4 btw, it was a rather painful experience.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
Nice to know thanks, was just wondering how well the 740QM turbo functioned with PCSX2 since I'm getting one soon Happy
<REDACTED>