PCSX2 on a laptop
Hey guys,
So it's been a while since i used PCSX2 and I recently decided to replay KH2FM for the 4-5 time. So I got a new laptop since the last time I played, and today after using my totally legit copy of KH2FM and my own personal BIOS for PCSX2, I booted up the game only to see how horrible it run on my PC. I'm sure the problem is that it uses my Intel Graphics card and not the Radeon HD 7670M. I tried changing it in Catatlyst and set PCSX2.exe to high performance but the game still runs only at 20~40 FPS in-game.
I hope I'm just being a n00b here and missing the option to use the 7670 somewhere so if anyone could help me that'd be great.
My specs:
Intel i7 3610QM
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000 w/ AMD Radeon HD 7670M
1 TB HDD
X360 controller

And please don't tell me my PC can't run KH2, cause that's male cow droppings. My PC runs FIFA 13 on ultra @60, Mass Effect on high @40~60, Force Unleashed ultra @60, and many more games at over 30 and mostly solid 60.

Sponsored links

Dont compare pc gaming o the emulator, the two are entirely different beasts and pc games are gpu bound where emulators are cpu bound.

All I can suggest is make sure your laptop power plan is set to high performance and make sure your radeon is selected in the gsdx config.

You could also try the mtvu speedhack, it might help.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-10-2013, 03:41 PM)refraction Wrote: Dont compare pc gaming o the emulator, the two are entirely different beasts and pc games are gpu bound where emulators are cpu bound.

All I can suggest is make sure your laptop power plan is set to high performance and make sure your radeon is selected in the gsdx config.

You could also try the mtvu speedhack, it might help.

Thanks for the reply man
If PS2 eumlation is based on CPU than I'm more than ok with mine. (BTW, FIFA 13 is a heavy CPU game, nore than GPU)
How exactly do I set the 7670 in the gsdx?
Sorry for double posting, couldn't find where to edit.
So after I set PCSX2 as high performance I wiped the settings clean and it changed my video plugin to AVX or whatever the best one on there is automatically so it works nice and fast now.
A different problem I seem to be having is the analog stick. I'm using a wired 360 controller, works fine on every game so this isn;t a driver problem, but in PCSX2 it seems to be an 8-way input rather that a whole 360. And diagonal down-left and down-right are walking, in other words a low axis signal. Any fix?
Quote:If PS2 eumlation is based on CPU than I'm more than ok with mine. (BTW, FIFA 13 is a heavy CPU game, nore than GPU)
you hav no idea how much PS2 emulation may be heavier than FIFA 13 Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Modern game engines utilize the processor very well. Most emulators don't use more than 2 processor cores, however.
Well sorry, I'm a noob in this department.
Anyways, does anyone have a fix for my analog stick problem?