Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2 on laptop. (Need advise)
Actually, i gonna get a laptop but my budget seems tight. Ok, need advise from anyone who run Pcsx on their laptop in average performance.(high performance=high end rig=heavy costBlink). can somebody post their laptop spec & the performance of Pcsx2 on the laptopHuh ?plz......

Ok, anybody wanna show off their high end gaming laptop also welcome to post hereTongue

Sponsored links

i dont got a powerfull laptop so its useless to even try pcsx2 on it, however i do have an advise. get one with a dedicated video card and dual core cpu.
(04-25-2009, 03:44 PM)bmate Wrote: i dont got a powerfull laptop so its useless to even try pcsx2 on it, however i do have an advise. get one with a dedicated video card and dual core cpu.

First at all, thanks for the advise, but it seems that dual cpu is not enough for Pcsx, actually did some one ever had a Extreme edition cpu and had already tried Pcsx on it. (Cuz many PC games magazine used it as their test rig.)
laptops are not that good for pcsx2 because you can't overclock them without heating problems so you would need a powerful and costy laptop for really good performance on demanding games like metal gear solid 3 but games like final fantasy 10 or 12 require less demanding specs so you would still get good fps on a decent laptop.
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
exactly as coud said. i recon for about 600$ you could get one. but if you really want to play pcsx2 on a lappy than id buy one over 1000$.
Recently i bought a PS2 game, Final Fantasy 7: Dirge Of Cerberus and tried it on my desktop with intel E2200 CPu and the result is sux (13-17 fps)Angry

Did this game need better cpu ??
maybe, however you need to check your configuration first
regarding to the topic:
my laptop specs are on the signature
the only games that I have played are Persona 4 and Kingdom Hearts
P4 runs more or less, sometimes I hit fully 60 fps, others 60 fps with frameskip and other it tooks a big nosedive (less than 30 fps, depending on the enemies on screen, damn those shinning enemies ¬¬) however I have finished the game already on the emu, the counter clocking 45 hours =)
Kh is running great so far, usually I have fullspeed 50% of the time and the framerate never goes below 40 (worth to mention that is a PAL version)
hope my experience had helped you
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(04-27-2009, 06:22 AM)marche1990 Wrote: maybe, however you need to check your configuration first
regarding to the topic:
my laptop specs are on the signature
the only games that I have played are Persona 4 and Kingdom Hearts
P4 runs more or less, sometimes I hit fully 60 fps, others 60 fps with frameskip and other it tooks a big nosedive (less than 30 fps, depending on the enemies on screen, damn those shinning enemies ¬¬) however I have finished the game already on the emu, the counter clocking 45 hours =)
Kh is running great so far, usually I have fullspeed 50% of the time and the framerate never goes below 40 (worth to mention that is a PAL version)
hope my experience had helped you

thanks for the advise, maybe i should try the game you mention (on my slow poke E2200Blink) while waiting the better laptopTongue
My experience with FFX went as follows:

Emulator said 40-60, but it was more like 15-60. Tried no speed hacks, some speed hacks, and all speed hacks; most speed hacks on = optimum FPS. It was choppy, but playable. I was playing with the most updated pcsx2 builds, which have the new speedhack (keeping along with the coders). You can see my stats below. If you're looking to play max FPS, you better have a big budget Wink.
Studio 1735 | 1.86Ghz C2D | ATI Mobility 3650 | Win 7
(04-27-2009, 05:36 PM)tsxp Wrote: My experience with FFX went as follows:

Emulator said 40-60, but it was more like 15-60. Tried no speed hacks, some speed hacks, and all speed hacks; most speed hacks on = optimum FPS. It was choppy, but playable. I was playing with the most updated pcsx2 builds, which have the new speedhack (keeping along with the coders). You can see my stats below. If you're looking to play max FPS, you better have a big budget Wink.

Ok, then i will start saving now for my best gaming on tomorrow daysTongue

but im kinda interested with your Win 7,Biggrin i fall in love with it after saw some of it screen shot but damn i miss to download it when microsoft offer it.....Blink