PCSX2 on surface pro 3.
So I tried out PCSX2 on my surface pro 3.

My results are pretty promising. I booted up an existing save on DQVIII and walked around the field, went towards a cave, and fought a battle.

Settings were DX11 backend with absolutely no enhancements HW Hacks enabled and skipdraw set to 1 (shadow correct).

Everything else at default (manual settings) except MTVU hack enabled and window set to 16x9.

My results were promising the lowest framerate I noticed was 54fps and that was in the transition between in a house and and outdoors. My average fps was a solid 60. I'll of course update if I get new or different results.

Sponsored links

Which configuration of the surface pro 3 have you used?
(03-10-2015, 01:14 AM)willkuer Wrote: Which configuration of the surface pro 3 have you used?

i5 4300U with 4GB ram and 128GB SSD.
That's very impressive. Are you near a village or something? The villages/towns run harder than most of the game, I'd be curious to see how it faired in those conditions.
If you want to measure slowdowns try getting 5+ enemies at once on the screen, which is rather easy in certain areas later in the game Smile
It would also be great if, you could post the results of testing other games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-10-2015, 03:45 AM)ssakash Wrote: It would also be great if, you could post the results of testing other games.

I own FFXII, FFX, Jak and Daxter, and Kingdom hearts re chain of memories and obviously DQVIII. What would you like to see?
The FF series wil be easy to emulate, could you try jak and Dexter and KH ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-10-2015, 04:14 AM)ssakash Wrote: The FF series wil be easy to emulate, could you try jak and Dexter and KH ?

Alright, when I get a chance I will try those out.
Thanks, be sure to post the results of both with/without speedhacks. Smile ( I have thought of buying the surface pro myself, I'll try checking it's potential right now Tongue2 )
- Refraction