PCSX2 on surface pro 3.
Has any one tried to play this pcsx2 emulator on the nvidia shield tab will it work?

Sponsored links

(03-10-2015, 08:02 AM)K72ATO5 Wrote: Has any one tried to play this pcsx2 emulator on the nvidia shield tab will it work?

give it a try Wink
You'll probably be the 1st one
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
If I knew how I totally do It
(03-10-2015, 08:02 AM)K72ATO5 Wrote: Has any one tried to play this pcsx2 emulator on the nvidia shield tab will it work?

That product has an ARM CPU AFAIK, so you should be able to stream it from your PC but not run it natively.
(03-10-2015, 04:19 AM)ssakash Wrote: Thanks, be sure to post the results of both with/without speedhacks. Smile ( I have thought of buying the surface pro myself, I'll try checking it's potential right now Tongue2 )

I promise I will get to this but it's probably going to have to wait until friday when I have some free time.
No problem, take your time. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-11-2015, 03:00 AM)ssakash Wrote: No problem, take your time. Smile

Testing Jak now.
Jak and Daxter Tested on Sentinel beach.

No hacks everything default/recommended except MTVU hack enabled with native PS2 resolution. DX11 Hardware.

High 60fps low 30fps cpu usage 50%. Stays around 60fps until throttling kicks in. Lowest FPS occurs around the waterfall.

Now testing with speedhacks.
Jak and Daxter Tested on Sentinel beach

EE and VU set to 2 and 1 respectively. 8 bit textures enabled. DX11 HW Alpha hack enabled. (fixes shadows)

Consistent 50-60fps throughout lowest was 45 in the beach area and sandover village. I would consider this "playable".

8 bit textures seems to help in some areas but hurt in others.
Yeah, I can confirm that I get a similar framerate on my i5 4210U
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]