PCSX2 on xlink playing Socom 2
colt getting the network adapter is the hardest part. i used an old setup disk that came with final fantacy 11 .the socom series has a net setup but doesnt work right '
ps. set the dev9 plugin to bridge. just for the net setup then change back to original. im not sure on finding downloads of that same isp setup i have but these plenty out there for
games/iso's . i wish there was i way this emulator would correctly read flashdrive so i could install mcboot. but elf launches work fine.and yes u can use on xlink kia.
its laggy.........

Sponsored links

I have the ps2 online disc and im pretty sure i configured right I'm just curious how he got Socom 2 on xlink using the pcsx2
Okay prafull hooked me up with some help and we were able to play together using Hamichi however still cant play xlink on lan, if anyone knows how please let us know.
Sorry for bumping but I got the network adapter working and I can create my own lan games, but is it possible to connect to your own? i'm curious to how prafull did it
Have you guys figured this out yet? I would love to try it on the PC.

I downloaded a torrent of the game but thats about it. I am tempted to just buy a PS2/game/mic/memory card/network adapter... But i know that would piss the wife off. I can hear it now "OMG you spent $50 to play a 15 year old game blah blah blah...

If you ever figure this stuff out for PC let me know.
(03-21-2014, 08:14 AM)cuddlefish Wrote: Have you guys figured this out yet? I would love to try it on the PC.

I downloaded a torrent of the game but thats about it. I am tempted to just buy a PS2/game/mic/memory card/network adapter... But i know that would piss the wife off. I can hear it now "OMG you spent $50 to play a 15 year old game blah blah blah...

If you ever figure this stuff out for PC let me know.

1 - hijacking someone else's thread is rude. don't do this, open your own one.
2 - If you don't own a PS2, you can't play this emulator legally.
3 - downloading games is piracy, we don't support it, as stated in the forum rules you agreed when registering.

Thus, have a warning for piracy.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-21-2014, 09:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - hijacking someone else's thread is rude. don't do this, open your own one.
2 - If you don't own a PS2, you can't play this emulator legally.
3 - downloading games is piracy, we don't support it, as stated in the forum rules you agreed when registering.

Thus, have a warning for piracy.

I wasn't hijacking anything. The thread had been dead for quite a while. They are discussing the very thing I am trying to accomplish. Asking if they had made any headway is not hijacking.

Oops on the torrent thing. I apologize for that and will refrain from mentioning it in the future.

This is a PCSX2 website right? PCSX2 is an emulator correct? Why would it be legal to use the emulator on the pc if you own a PS2 but illegal if you dont own a PS2? Isn't the idea of an emulator to play games on the pc without the console? I do own both a PS2 and a copy of the game but the PS2 does not work. I'm not trying to get banned or anything I would just like to understand the reasoning behind this.

I'm just trying to figure how to play some socom! Thanks for the warm welcome!
(03-21-2014, 10:16 PM)cuddlefish Wrote: I wasn't hijacking anything. The thread had been dead for quite a while. They are discussing the very thing I am trying to accomplish. Asking if they had made any headway is not hijacking.
True. I should have closed it to avoid old thread's resurrection.
Quote:Oops on the torrent thing. I apologize for that and will refrain from mentioning it in the future.
nice. you can delete you torrent, then.
Quote:This is a PCSX2 website right? PCSX2 is an emulator correct? Why would it be legal to use the emulator on the pc if you own a PS2 but illegal if you dont own a PS2?
because of the bios you need to extract from your own PS2.
Quote:Isn't the idea of an emulator to play games on the pc without the console?
yes, if it doesn't bring any legal issue. This is not the case for pcsx2.
Quote: I do own both a PS2 and a copy of the game but the PS2 does not work.
I hope for you it works enough to boot so that you can extract your bios. I wonder why you downloaded a game you own ? Making your own iso image would have been quicker, safer, and legal.
Quote: I'm not trying to get banned or anything I would just like to understand the reasoning behind this.
as long as you follow the forum rules, You won't be banned.
Quote:I'm just trying to figure how to play some socom! Thanks for the warm welcome!

you're welcome.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go